A section about raw feeding. Suggestions

Discussion in 'Help / Suggestions' started by Malka, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

A section about raw feeding.

@Tarimoor posted a very helpful "A rough BARF guide" on Dogsey

https://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?p=2108670#post2108670

and if someone on Breedia asks for information about raw feeding, I put up the link to Tarimoor's thread. Her information taught me what is necessary, and although even though I do not follow that 100% I have adjusted it to what I am able to get, and what suited first Pereg and now Tikva.

I have been collecting and filing a lot of information about raw feeding, and have some very good charts which I think might be of help to someone thinking about it.

Does anyone think that it might be useful to have such information in a separate section? It would state what meats are classed as muscle meat, offal, bones etc, and proportions/percentages according to the weight of the dog. Also information about vegetables/fruit/supplements which can be added to the basic BARF or PREY diet and which are good for the dog.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I think it would be good to have sticky threads for all of the common topics. Everyone's query is new to them, but it can get monotonous giving the same advice over and over.
    eg. Housetraining, Puppy Biting etc.
    Perhaps Azz could add an Advice section to the Forum page - if anyone was prepared to add a topic that is!
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I had only thought about raw feeding as that is something I know about, but you are right, new members have queries that have been asked and answered, but there is no specific section for advice about, as you say, House-training, Puppy Biting, not forgetting crate training.

New members could ask a question in, say, their breed section and be given links to an advice section and get help from it, without having to go all round the Forum asking questions that have already been answered. And of course they could ask for more information on that specific subject.

A general Advice Section would not take anything away from Breed sections, as problems and queries about a specific breed would obviously be on its own section. But it might help for the frequent queries that relate to all dogs.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Still thinking. Vee @GsdSlave has links to just about all of the frequent queries that turn up so if she would agree about a new Advice section and offer her help and knowledge, it could be another reason for such a new section.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Supposing it was suggested to Azz that there be a new forum, in between the "General Dog Forums" and "Off Topic", called "General Advice Forums". Under that could be sub-sections for things like "House Training", "Puppy Biting", "Food/Feeding" etc. The sort of subjects and questions that are frequently asked by new members.

That would keep all advice on a specific subject together, and, I think, make it easier for people to find answers to their particular queries.

Does that sound like a good and useful idea?
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Sounds like a good idea to me
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    Perhaps a general feeding section with general advice about raw, cooked, kibble and cans could be included as we have many questions on all of them.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    That is what I meant when I said "Food/Feeding" as a sub-section under the possible new "General Advice Forums". That sub-section would be for all types of food, and include such as questions "when should I change my puppy to adult food/how often a day" etc.

At the moment all of the common questions that I think would be easier to find answers to if they were in a General Advice Forum, are scattered around and could easily be missed, and as Carole said in message #2
    Obviously a breed-specific question/query/problem belongs in its own Breed section, where members who have/had/are knowledgeable about the breed will be able to help.
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I agree it would be a good idea, did you contact Azz?
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Yes. I sent a message to him on Contact Admin asking if he would please read this thread and the suggestions, but so far he has not responded.

I do hope he is OK as he is rarely on Breedia these days.

And he is missed.
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I contacted him a week or so ago about photo query but no response, i see last time he was on breedia was Oct last year.
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz's last activity on Dogsey was 26.01.19.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not know if it would be any good to re-post my message to the Mods, but as Azz is Admin it would be he who made any decisions.

But I still think it a good idea.
  15. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I find it strange that he hasn't answered, or been on Breedia since last year
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  16. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Not sure why that is strange to you. He has long since stopped being truly active on either forum, as have most members. He hasn't even replaced or removed moderators that never ever log in anymore. I don't think he monitors this site or incoming email from it anymore. He logs into Dogsey now and then, but doesn't really post. He does not own a dog and may never own one again. With all that said, it kinda just makes sense that he has forgotten about the site.