A worrying ten minutes! General Chat

Discussion in 'Chihuahua' started by Janet, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Azz and 6JRT's like this.

A worrying ten minutes!

The dogs were mooching about in the sunshine, when I noticed Chico was missing. Kept calling, kept looking - nothing. I was getting a bit frightened because I'd put some washing in the washing machine, including a giant size duvet cover. Supposing he'd curled up inside the pile of washing and I'd put him in the machine?! He's so light I probably wouldn't have noticed. I was peering at the washing going round, wondering whether to try and wrench the door open, when I heard a scratching - he'd somehow shut himself in the downstairs loo.

Phew! Though I think it will make me check where he is in future when I shove a pile of clothes in the machine.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Janet likes this.
    Am glad he was in loo & not in washing machine x
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    Me too! I do know of a kitten who was killed in a washing machine - the owner thinks it must have jumped in without her noticing when she was filling it. Very upsetting.

Chico has now done an Andrex puppy - there's toilet roll unravelled all the way down the stairs and along the hall.
  5. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    6JRT's and Janet like this.
    I sometimes think "him up there" that created small dogs did it to give their owner hearts attacks! This afternoon I planted some pansies only to find half an hour later the ickle black devil had dug them all up!
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    Chico would have gladly given him a hand!
  7. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Janet likes this.
    Probably cooler in there :lol:
  8. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Janet likes this.
    Happy the little one is safe.
    But truth be told I was laughing so hard almost had beer come out my nose with the description in "did you throw the dog in the washing machine by mistake'

One advantage of owning a giant breed, you never put them anywhere by mistake.
  9. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Janet likes this.
    It is scary when they go missing :eek: Chloe often sneaks off to the sunny patch in the spare room and the door shuts so she can't come when called and I panic ..

Relieved you found Chico Janet :)
  10. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    It's probably just as well the two of them will never meet! Imagine the mayhem the pair of them would cause! :043:
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Thankfully he was ok but i bet your heart was pumping x