Advice? Questions

Discussion in 'Akita' started by jessa620, Oct 7, 2017.

1. jessa620

jessa620 New Member

Name:
    jess

Advice?

Hi all
    I was attacked by my Akita a few months ago and am undergoing therapy and medical treatment, most of which has been successful. It wasn't her fault or mine, just a very sad accident. I've already posted about that but had a thought maybe you all could help me. Apologies for continuing to lean on you.
    I've been trying to find a support group online or just some good resources for people who have been attacked by dogs. The issue I keep running into is most of these groups or sites are very anti breed or anti dog and I do not want that. I am not frightened of dogs and I absolutely do not want to join an anti-Akita group. I still love my girl and I don't blame either of us. I think I just would like to hear or speak with people who have been through similar situations.
    Does anyone know of good sites or forums for this? Everything I search is anti(insert breed here) or just so negative. I'm not looking for that, I'd like to find a supportive site or groups that understands it's a complex situation.
    Thanks for any help here! My therapist suggested I look to the community so I am but apologies again for being such a downer.
    Regards,
    Jess
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    jessa620 likes this.
    I am sorry Jess but I cannot help you, but hopefully someone here can. I just did not want you to think that you were being ignored because nobody had responded to your request.
  4. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    jessa620 and CaroleC like this.
    Hi Jess
    I don’t know of any groups either, sorry, but, I just wanted to say I’m impressed with your positive and pro active attitude to your situation. I hope you get the help you need
    Philippa
  5. jessa620

jessa620 New Member

Name:
    jess
    Hi Malka and Philippa

I really appreciate the kind responses and I know I'm reaching right now. It's just tough because most people in my situation are so angry, or at least that's what it seems from my research. Just hoping to find something more positive and supportive eventually. I'm just done being judged and judging dog breeds. I'll keep the search up, thank you both for the support. It means so much.
  6. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello there,

I am sorry about your situation but I must say your attitude to the situation you are facing is admirable. Having a friend who was attacked by her dog and I helped her get through it I have quite a few suggestions for you.
    First things first,

1. Its ok to reach out I know things because I was taught them. I asked questions and got answers from people who asked in the first place. The Breedia Community is always here we're a supportive bunch. :052:

2. Talk to friends, family there the people that are there when you need them the most.

4. There is a really good website with lots of good advice called k9agression.com have a good browse and they sell some good books aswell.

5. Also this is a pet support group. https://notesfromadogwalker.com/2015/03/06/difficult-pet-support-group/

Jane
    xx
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2017