Agility and Obedience with your NI Agility

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by abbie, May 28, 2010.

1. abbie

abbie Member

Name:

Agility and Obedience with your NI

According to the NIS website NI's have been bred since the early 1980's and are capable of competing sucessfully in obedience, agility and flyball.

Surely in nearly 30 years this must have been proven. I started competing in KC obedience and agility last year and both me and the dogs love it, but have never heard of any other NI doing the same.

I'd love to see pics and see what level of competition anyone elses NI's have done.

Here's my two.

Torin is currently competing in Novice obedience and has had a few places.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sacha has won out of pre beginenrs and beginners and has won at novice. She has a BH and has had a few places in agility

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    FAB piccies! Your dogs are lovely! Congrats on all their and your accomplishments!
  4. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Thanks Muttzrule. :grin: :grin:

My dogs are pets and we compete because we love it.

What I can't understand is all these "breeders" supposedly trying to improve and promote the NI and since the 1980's why have none of them done any competition?

I once asked this question directly to the NIS but got no sensible reply :shock: :shock:
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Fab pics Jane and you know I think you do fab by the dogs, and a great representative for them in training and agility.
  6. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Don't worry Nes. I don't represent them. I tell people they are cross breeds :grin: :grin:
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Now, now Jane;-)
  8. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S
    Fab pics :) lovely to see.
  9. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Brilliant photos!!! If and when we get our NI I really want to do obedience and agillity it looks like great fun for both owner and dog ;-))))) I know Mags trains her dogs for the KC good citizen awards etc but haven't hear of anyone else doing agillity but Jackie who has a Thistlenook pup does agillity with her collies unless I'm totally mixed up......????
    Luv Valerie x
    (PS Think there are 2 SAR NI's Jane as one was on this group and Cam asked Mags about this as he is in the MRT but I said no as they would be on call out all the time and with 2 children 3 and 7 months I'd be left on my lonesome.)
  10. mogi

mogi New Member

Name:
    mogi
    great pics your dogs look like there really enjoying themselves
  11. akna

akna New Member

Name:
    Racheal
    Hi abbie, there are lots of us that have them and have/or compete in many areas. I refer to mine as crossbreeds, cos thats what they are, that maybe part of the reason. My oldest in nearly 10 and competed in agility when she was around 4. My son has done ykc too. I only do obedience/agility for fun now as a change we mainly compete in other area's. The thing is because they are not all the same its not something that can be attributed to them. If you buy a collie your almost guaranteed to get what it says on the tin, same if you buy a retriever and by the same token anyone with the time and patience (like yourself and a few others i can think of!!!) are very few and far between! Good luck in the future though :)
  12. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    I agree with you Akna. I also refer to mine as crossbreeds. I also agree about them all being different.

What amazes me though is how none of the nis try to promote their dogs this way. I suppose it takes too much time and effort :shock: :shock: