AHT warning about chicken and duck jerky. Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by CaroleC, Mar 26, 2016.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole

AHT warning about chicken and duck jerky.

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry, should read aht.org .UK
    No idea where 'let' has come from! This stupid tablet sometimes does its own thing.
    However, just Googled, 'aht jerky warning', and several links came up. I am such a numbskull over these Internet links.
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    We had these issues long ago. Treats made in China or just outside of the USA were causing deaths in dogs left and right. Because of this, a major pet store retailer pulled all non USA made dog products from the shelves. I had fed the treats with no issue for a long time, but decided against further doing so after the warnings came out.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have not checked that but is the jerky from China? There has been, and still are, warnings about jerkey and stuff from China. I am lucky in that anything imported here, whether for human or pet consumption, has to be checked before the Ministry of Agriculture will allow it to be imported - which can take anything up to five years before permission is granted.

The only worry I ever had was buying jerky chews for Pereg, from the US - I am not sure if they were originally from China. Unfortunately I did not check the ingredients before ordering it so when I saw that it contained Rosemary, it was obviously a no-no for Pereg. But that was the only thing I was concerned about.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC likes this.
    The ones with a warning have mainly been the ones in the 99p £1 shops plus B&M stores & Home Bargains.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    If it looks too good to be true ........
    I think it is about time they did a recall.