air retrieve Photos

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by tundraman, Nov 8, 2020.

1. tundraman

tundraman New Member

Name:
    phil

air retrieve

_SLG1890.jpg
    his personal best is 18 feet so far
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think that Vader is incredible, Phil! Can you please explain what air retrieve involves?
  4. tundraman

tundraman New Member

Name:
    phil
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    • Air Retrieve is determined by the distance of the bumper from the front edge of the dock. The bumper is suspended 2ft above the dock. Each round, the bumper is moved out in 1ft increments. The longest successful grab (or knocking the bumper into the water) distance determines the Qualifying score.
    • In Air Retrieve, each dog gets up to two attempts at a distance to grab the bumper, after a successful grab the dog moves on to the next Round. A handler must determine their choice of starting distance before the Air Retrieve begins at a distance no more than 2 feet below their Recent Average, or if no recent average they may begin no less that at 6ft for Open (4ft for Lap). A dog with 3 misses overall or 2 misses at the same distance is eliminated for the competition.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thanks for supplying the rules @tundraman.
    I presume you must have a convenient dock jumping club. These are not very common in the UK, and is something I have never had the chance to try. Under 'old normal' conditions, docks are sometimes set up at Dogs in the Park, or similar events, to allow demonstration, competition, and public Have a Go.
  6. tundraman

tundraman New Member

Name:
    phil
    CaroleC likes this.
    we train at dog sports location that has scent work, dock diving, barn hunt, shed dog trailing and locating, urban locating and agility in the future they are going to add fast cat
    and maybe fly ball and earth dog