Allergies? Infection? Health

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by cokeefe, Jun 13, 2021.

1. cokeefe

cokeefe New Member

Name:
    Leo

Allergies? Infection?

Hi there! I am new to breedia but I just adopted a 11 week old French bulldog puppy named Leo. I had him home only about 5 days before I started noticing some red spots on his stomach. They got continuously worse and became very red, swollen and inflamed. Leo was very itchy and constantly trying to scratch at them. I took him to the vet and she was unable to determine the cause but put him on a 10-day antibiotic regimen and recommended a small amount of Benadryl. He has now been on the antibiotics about 2 days but the sores look to me to be getting worse. Now some are open sores and bleed from time to time. Please if anyone knows what would be causing this or had a similar experience let me know!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Go back to the vet. Bulldogs are extremely prone to skin issues. It could be an allergy, it could be bacteria, it could be his immune system.

Work with your vet to try to eliminate potential causes. Have you changed his food from what he was on before? Abd so on.

You say you adopted him. Did you get him from a breeder or a breed rescue? If so contact them for input. It may run in his family lines or they may have used specific products to prevent issues, etc.