American Bulldog skin disorder Health

Discussion in 'American Bulldog' started by Odalis, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Odalis

Odalis New Member

Name:
    Odalis
    Azz likes this.

American Bulldog skin disorder

I'm new to this and I have a 5 year old American Bulldog named Caine and he has so many skin problems.. Right now he currently has an infection in between his 4 paws. I've taken him to numerous vets and spent thousands of dollars and we still haven't found anything that works.. Just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem and can maybe help me. I'll do anything!!!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Azz likes this.
    Does he suffer from allergies? That'd be the 1st place I'd start.
  4. Odalis

Odalis New Member

Name:
    Odalis
    Azz likes this.
    Yes , he was diagnosed with Pododermatitis. The Dr said its a yeast infection . I have given him antibiotics numerous times , and it gets better for a while , but then it comes back again . I bathe him every weekend with a hypoallergenic Shampoo . He is an inside dog .
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Azz likes this.
    What other tests have been carried out to find the cause of the Pododermatitis?
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Azz and Odalis like this.
    Try ‘Thornit Powder’(mainly used for ears but has other uses. http://www.thornitearpowder.com/

Put a small amount into a freezer bag and dip paw in, massage in-between claws/ pads and then shake off excess, repeat with each foot and a little way up the leg, I used it on my Akita who had feet problems having tried numerous things I found this cleared it up .

I washed his feet first with dermadine shampoo made sure they were completely dry before using powder.
  7. Odalis

Odalis New Member

Name:
    Odalis
    Azz likes this.
  8. Odalis

Odalis New Member

Name:
    Odalis
    Thank you , I will definitely try it . Will keep you posted .
  9. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Azz likes this.
    Do you have him on a special diet?
    Also try probiotics.

He is handsome by the way.
  10. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Coconut oil is an excellent anti-fungal (one of the best) it can be applied to the skin as well as eaten.

However I would also look at diet, as things like this are often a manifestation of an internal issue. Species appropriate diets are the best imo..
  11. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    I had a boxer with skin problems mostly yeast and nothing worked over the years. I tried diet, supplements shampoos etc. Allergy testing showed it was mold spores.

The only thing that worked for him was the new allergy drug apoquel. He lived a few years itch free.