An Eddie! ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Bikermutt, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Bikermutt

Bikermutt New Member

Name:
    James

An Eddie!

Hello peeps & dogs! For those of you who may remember Eddie's first foray onto Dogsey - He has come along very well we think. He still has his moments :roll: but these are just down to his mischevious character! :lol: His behaviour on & off lead has improved & his recall is very good these days (although he does suffer from selective deafness on occasion...:roll: )
    He is now approaching a year old & we are still trying to suss out what he has in him!!!:lol:
    Here are some more recent pictures, please feel free to comment:) (hope the pics work!!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    I love this one :) he's such a sweet boy and a beautiful expression :)

[​IMG]
  4. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    Great pictures. Thanks for the share.
  5. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    I doubt if you'll ever know for definite, but to me his head doesn't seem 'pointy enough' for that mix -though he could well contain either or bits of both mixed with something else.

The tufty hair between his nose and eyes is often found on dogs with more course hair (e.g. wire hair) - so possibly something like terrier in him too.

:)But whatever, he looks a real sweetie and its nice to hear that he is doing so well (mostly:lol: )
  6. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    His tan markings are perfect so he's likely a first cross of dobe or rottie, i'd be leaning more towards dobe but I don't think his other half looks GSD, more terrier, probably more than just 2 breeds in there anyway.

Gorgeous boy!
  7. tiffanie

tiffanie New Member

Name:
    tiffanie
    His colouring is confusing us as he is getting very light at the tops of his back legs and on his belly. The colour coming through is cream not tan though! I don't think we'll ever know what he is! He keeps us guessing that's for sure! The times that we've sat down with the dog breeds books and trawled through them and there's so many breeds that we've looked at and said 'ooh, he might have a bit of that!' I think he has some kind of sight hound in him as he is also getting leaner and he looks like a lurcher type when he starts running ( although not as fast ;o) )

Sorry James, i don't mean to pinch your thread - you know what i'm like when i start talking about Ready Eddie! I'll try to bow out now....... ;o)
  8. Bikermutt

Bikermutt New Member

Name:
    James
    The more the merrier I always say!
  9. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Rottiex Something Wiry? Schnuzer possible? or even poddle? or some type of mid height terrier/lakeland/welsh type.hes fabulous!!!
  10. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Great pictures, thanks for letting us see them.
    He looks a real bundle of fun :lol:
  11. tiffanie

tiffanie New Member

Name:
    tiffanie
    Te he.... That's one way to put it!! :lol: ;-)
  12. Bikermutt

Bikermutt New Member

Name:
    James
    He certainly is!!!!:lol: Never a dull moment with this one....:roll:
    His Grandparents always say they have been 'Eddied' after he has spent a night with them while we have been away...:lol:
    I think we established a while back that he doesn't have much GSD (if any) in him. Certainly got the Black/Tan colouring from Rottie or Dobie but as Tiffanie says, he is starting to come through cream in some places! :shock: which is rather confusing. Definite Terrier influence in there though - his grey 'old wise man' beard really throws some people off especially when they try to age him.
  13. jackpat

jackpat New Member

Name:
    sarah
    Aww he's lovely, i really like him. he does look a bit terrier-y to me too
  14. Toby

Toby New Member

Name:
    Janet
    He looks lovely, a real character :)
  15. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member