Another NID From Pillar to Post... General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by werewolf, May 21, 2010.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

Another NID From Pillar to Post...

Category:
    pets, dogs, northern-inuit, northern-inuit-dogDescription:
    Dina is a 5 yo Northern Inuit bitch. She's a good girl in all respects including on and off lead, with children. She has a good hip score and vacs up to date. Would like a loving home pleaseLocation:
    HampshireSource Time:
    Published 2 weeks agoResponses:
    Be the first to respond.

Wolf look a like Northern Inuit. She's good with kids, playing footy, on the lead and off. Draws attention and loves the fuss.Only just turned 5, registered with NIS. 2/4 hip score. This is a lovely girl that will love being in a family atmosphere.
    Only for sale due to my health reasons.

Description
    She's a lovely girl aged 4/5. She loves to play footy, good with children will take time to get use to a cat and not chase but after a while she's fine. Good with other dogs, good on/off the lead. Crate trained also. She has had 2 small litters in the past. loves to go in the car. Call for more details.

The pic of the dog in the above advert/s is a NID I know of. She was bought as a puppy by someone I knew from the NID yahoo days and then NIS forum, I watched her grow up through the internet. She had a litter and then was sold as a brood bitch:evil: :-( I believe that they had too many dogs for their type of accomodation. I felt sorry for this dog enough the first time round , when I saw her for sale as a brood bitch I was saddened, then she was sold and had at least one litter I know of , I then saw her pic in the advert not long ago. Her name has changed but if it is the dog in the pic then it is her. It makes me feel quite ill. Then, today I came across the add below:
    We are looking to re-home our northern inuti we have not had her long but unfortunely she needs to go to a person who is single or someone with grown up children she is a very loyal dog to 1 person. Her name is deena she is good with other dogs but we found not with small children she lives inside and outside i do not want to re home but it has to happen. this advert is up till saturday if she is not re homed unfortunely she will be going to the blue cross, Loviing home only.

I may be wrong and they are using a random pic they have found, but I have a feeling I am not. I know they have spelt her new name differently in the 'new' advert but I have a feeling it is the same dog:-( I am going to get a message passed onto the original breeder. Fingers crossed for this girl.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    ohh for gawd sake another one..Fingers crossed for her, i can not believe this...
  4. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    poor dog,i hope for her sake it is the dog you think, and the breeder can help her :-(
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    If it is the dog in the pic, then yes , it is her:-(
  6. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Poor poor girl
    I hope she finally gets a true loving home
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Do the Blue cross PTS dogs? I think she is due to go there today. I do not have room for another, at the moment car etc. I did suggest to OH we drive to Hampshire. He is right though , it just isn't possible at this time. £150 is nothing , it is the logistics that are a problem.
  8. Kalasin

Kalasin New Member

Name:
    Kalasin
    That's so sad. Poor poor girl. Hope she finds a loving home before being taken into rescue.

Did you manage to contact the breeder?
  9. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Through someone else. He has taken back another dog he bred so apparently cannot have her back:-( I will keep checking and if she does go to the Blue Cross, I will see what we can do from there. However, when I think about it, if their policy is not to PTS (if it is, we can't let that happen), she may be better off somewhere like that where I am hopng vetting procedures are better than her just being sold from one to the other. I found out today that she is now on her 4th home, the rescue will be her 5th :-(
  10. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    This is so sad, I hope the poor girl finds her forever home.
  11. littlefoot

littlefoot

Name:
    Debbie
    Poor girl why do people think that dogs are disposable. Makes me soo mad. I really do hope she finds a forever home.
  12. rune

rune

Good responsible breeder then. Again!

Blue Cross do pts----they were going to with a Thai street dog I was involved with---they said she was dog aggressive. The woman who had given her to them had explained that she had been aggressive to the other bitch she came over with whilst in quarantine---and they had said that it was OK and they could rehome her.

Eventually we got her back from the Blue Cross at great expense to the original lady and I took her half way to Kent where she was rehomed and is doing well.

So the Blue Cross lost my vote big time!

rune
  13. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    Poor dog! It makes my blood boil how some people treat their dogs, especially females!
    Hoep she finds a loving, forever home soon.
    Our gorgeous Kevin (RIP) came from the Blue Cross at Banbury and they did do a thorough home visit etc.
  14. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    My biggest issue is with the original owner from what I was told , which may or may not have been true , about why she has to 'sell' her dogs. However, regardless, I saw her adverts at the time advertisng this dog as a brood bitch etc that is unforgiveable in itself:-( :evil: :twisted:

Why was Kevin in a rescue centre? And it is great you took him in xxx
    And we haven't seen pics of your lovely fur babies for ages , hint , hint xx
  15. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    I always feel sorry for bitches sold on for breeding, especially when you see them adertised again a year or two & several litters later. We saw this when we were looking for a gsd pup:-(

Kevin's whole litter went to Blue Cross to be rehomed then he ended up back there aged 12/18 months old due to a divorce in his new family. We lost him 3 yrs ago when he was 15, cracking dog!

You're right I haven't posted any photo's for ages. Haven't taken any:blush: Will get the camera out:lol:
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Unfortunately it happens in all breeds , breeding for money but also irresponsible people that take dogs on without being in a position to offer them a forever home:-(

Poor Kev , but he fell on his feet in the end xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ref pics, please do take some for us, it will be great to see your lovely fur babies again xxxxx
  17. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Awe nooo this is so sad to read bless her and I sincerely hope this dog finds a permanent loving home after everything she has been through she deserves to live out her days loved and looked after. What about the NIS??? They would add her on their forum/web site as looking for a permanent loving home. I couldn't take this girl as we have two small children and are about to move home again,
    Valerie x
  18. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    She is actually an NIS reg dog. The lady that sold her on was an NIS breeder, but I believe she has left the NIS. The last advert that I saw for her has been removed, so I can't get hold of the last man who had her up for sale.
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    She is advertised again. So that must mean good news ref the Blue Cross.
  20. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Is she on the NIS rescue page??? Could someone not even foster her till she finds a permanent loving home???
    It is heartbreaking to see these dogs up for rehoming!!! There was a girl up for rehoming due to the couple having a baby now that really breaks my heart, that and when the dog has fulfilled it's purpose as a brood bitch!!!! So sad and hope to hear good news soon!!!
    Luv Valerie x
  21. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I have just has a PM from the NIS:grin: Hopefully, they can do something for this girl xxxx Just confirming their Spay policy xxxxx It would be awful, I think, if she was to be put through another litter.