Any guesses on breed? ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Sara, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara

Any guesses on breed?

So I just had a dog sent to me to foster, I fell in love with the little guy, I decided to keep him. He is from Houston, Texas, I am in Alberta, Canada, a little over 1800 miles away. It was thought he was deaf, and the lady who rescued him posted on the deaf dogs group about him. I offered to work with his dog aggression and train him, then find him a home, well a week later, his dog aggression is gone and he has learned 8 commands, AND he is not deaf, but I am in love with him and will keep the little terror... I mean Terrier lol. I am well versed with terriers and he will be able to reach his full potential with me. Oliver is around 7-8 months old, 16" high, 31 pounds. he has corse wiry fur. I dont know how corse his hair will stay, since he was a stray with a bad flea infestation, which was the cause of his temporary deafness (seems he has an allergy to flea bites that caused inflammation in his ears) He will never have to deal with fleas again, as we dont have them here. So what do you all think his mix is? def. a terrier of some kind (westie, wheaton, or parsons???) maybe lab?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    he is very cute!! definetly terrier but no idea what !!

what a journey he has taken both in distance and in progress.
    well done you.
  4. youngstevie

youngstevie

A little smasher....terrier yes, but what or which I wouldn't like to say

Cutie though xxxxx
  5. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    no idea what mix he is, but Im glad he has found his forever home, x
  6. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    As soon as I saw him I thought westie x lab!:grin:
    He is a cracking chap....look at that face.:040:
    More pics please:mrgreen:
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    He is lovely. I am glad he has fallen on his feet xxxxxx
  8. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Cutie whatever he is
  9. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Cute boy, whatever he is :)
  10. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    OK so someone asked for more pics, so heres a couple more. he is sooo good, but still a typical Terrier pup, finding things to keep him busy! And yes, he is just so darn cute! he has a funny, goofy, happy-go-lucky personality, which is funny because he was a stray and is learning to be a puppy now. He was VERY dog aggressive when he first came to me, but it only took a week to get him over that, now he greets other dogs with a waggie tail, and a please play with me! but he is nervous when meeting a dog that comes up with a dominant stance, understandable, and he will get over it in time. I had someone suggest Westie x Boxer? hmmmm
    [​IMG]
    this one is my first meeting with Ollie as I picked him up at the airport, he is so adorable!
    [​IMG]
    this pic is all three of my dogs, on Ollie's first night with us
    [​IMG]
  11. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    sorry about the sideways pics, thought I'd fixed them!
  12. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    Defo see lab x westie...cant see any boxer at all though!
    He is a stunner....looking foward to seeing him grow!:grin:
  13. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    I think it was the big cheeks, but westie puppies look quite similar. My sis is getting a westie pup in a few weeks. maybe shephard? he does have a little black tipped fur around his ruff, and on his tail... whatever he is he's a sweetheart!
  14. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    So my sis got her little Westie pup last weekend, she came down with her this weekend, so we could play with her. Oliver was fantastic with her. but heres a pic of the two together.... see why I think he has Westie in him?
    [​IMG]
  15. tezziebear

tezziebear New Member

Name:
    terri
    He looks lovely and good on you for giving him the opportunity to shine!!! What do you mean you have no fleas where you live...How come????
  16. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Fleas need a certain amount of heat and humidity to survive.... we dont have enough of either here. you dont have to go too far south to find them 4 or 5 hours. but we are sooo lucky!. oh I should say that I live in Central Alberta, Canada. its -32C tonight... def. not warm enough for fleas LOL
  17. tezziebear

tezziebear New Member

Name:
    terri
    OMG!!! -32 is way beyond my understanding. Lucky you with no fleas though! Just can't get my head around -32. Can you go outside at that temp and if not, what the hell do you do with your dogs!!! How do you drive in that??? Oh the questions I could ask ...but won't cos I already sound as dumb as dog poo about this -32 situation!!!!
  18. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    -32 is cold, I'll grant you that, but it does get colder. I drive a Ford truck that has no issues with starting, but all of our vehicles are equipped with a block heater, which keeps the oil temp up enough for an easy start. Yes we can go outside, but with warm clothing on thats for sure. My dogs get walked 2x per day, no matter the temp, the walks are somewhat shortened when its this cold tho, and the dogs all wear booties as their feet get cold. it really isn't that bad. now -45 is nasty, it hasnt gotten quite that cold this year, TG, but it has. it's supposed to get up to a balmy +3 by the weekend tho, so that'll be nice! I mean it it is spring!
  19. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Lovely pics whata wee cracker he is, you can see the puppiness in his eyes. Well done to you for giving him is forever home and for your commitment to help in the 1st place. :)
  20. tezziebear

tezziebear New Member

Name:
    terri
    OK I promise not to winge about the cold weather when it comes this year. To be honest, I'm looking forward to it as this summers been too too hot with scary bush fires and drought(as always). Can't help smiling picturing your dogs with their booties on...very cute. Do they ever sink into the snow and...well....disappear!??! Can dogs get frostbite in such weather?
  21. nikki_kev

nikki_kev New Member

Name:
    nikki
    aww he is a smashing little dog!!!

x