Any Irish Terrier owners here? General Chat

Discussion in 'Irish Terrier' started by Muddiwarx, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie

Any Irish Terrier owners here?

Any Irish Terrier owners on here? Am probably adding one to the family next year and would love to see pics if anyone has any :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
  4. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Here is our Rosie she was only about 4 months on here she is now about 8 months.

lovely breed

[​IMG]
  5. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
    Bit of trivia for you: Jack London (author of Call of the Wild and White Fang) owned these, and he was so taken with them he wrote two or three novels with one as their main character. You might want to check those out!
  6. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Rosie is lovely!
    How come we always like the same things Muddiwarx?? ;) I've been looking into these dogs myself, I'm hoping I'll be in a position to have dogs next year, and this breed is on my shortlist!!
    I'll start my own thread with my questions though as not to highjack yours :)
  7. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Last October Rosie was the Irish rep on the vulnerable breeds stand at Midland Game Fair two days of cuddles and she never tired of it, especially when children arrived
  8. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    Rosie is beautiful!
  9. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie

Tis bizarre :) :) We need to meet up :)
  10. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    yeah we should! we should have a rattie/doggie day!!

any ideas where you're gonna source your irish from? i've found hardly any websites for irish breeders, but quite a few more for airedales, so i'll probably get an airedale first, then an irish when one becomes available!

how many rats are you up to now?? i'm on 7 :)
  11. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    I have 18 rats now but have an IOU from my OH for Christmas for two more !!!

My friend has a lovely Irish and it is because of theirs that I love them so I am having a pup from their first litter next year - you should have one too LOL.

Irish people just seem not to have websites!!:) :)
  12. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    wow, over double mine!!! al boys still in one group?
    i should! i guess it depends if i've moved/got a job by then when my student days are over...would be ace though, we'd have siblings!! when are they planning the litter for?
  13. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    I have two cages - feed the youngsters in one cage and the potential flabbies in another cage but all teh same group really as they have their own bedroom so other than the first 20 mins of food being put in all cage doors are open and they go where they want - which for half of them is sleeping IN THE BIN and the others snooze on the windowsill :)

I am guessing that I will have an Irish pup early Summer ....

I hope so anyway!
  14. irishlot

irishlot New Member

Name:
    sarah
    Hi, After losing our lakeland to cancer last year :-( . We collect our Irish Terrier puppy tomorrow! i can't wait. We first met the breed on a trip to crufts 7 years ago and have wanted one ever since but our lakeland wasn't the kind for sharing his house!
    I'd be interested to know what kind of food people are using we used to feed our lakie JWB but are open to change when she's settled.
    I'm looking forward to 'chatting' with other irish/any terrier owners and will post some pics if i can work it out when we get her home.
  15. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Hi

I own both Irish and Lakeland terriers. They both eat the same food the Irish just gets more.
    Good luck with your Irish, they are a lovely breed. Were did you get it from.