Anyone else with a Poodle? General Chat

Discussion in 'Poodle (Standard)' started by Janet, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet

Anyone else with a Poodle?

The first dog I ever had was a black miniature, Lady. When she died, I had another black miniature bitch, Robbie - a neighbour introduced me to the world of Obedience Training, and Robbie excelled. Except when she did heelwork on her hind legs.

Later I had Max, a huge black Standard, a great big softie.

Now I have Pepe - a parti-coloured Standard. Because of his markings, few people recognize him as a Poodle - I am sure some people go home and tell their family that they have met some poor deluded woman who thinks she's got a poodle!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    My sister in law had a black Poodle when she was growing up, he was her best friend.

I met him a few times (when I was younger) and I was always a little scared of him as he kept jumping up to say hello and was a bit too clever for his own good - I was never sure what he'd do next :lol:
  4. Goodwill

Goodwill New Member

Name:
    Karen
    i have an apricot standard male he is one. i look forward to sharing stories.
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    One of the dogs we meet on our walks is an apricot bitch - very pale, though, - almost more like a cream.

It's lovely to see them play together - and funnily enough they both have the knack of tipping my cocker spaniel right over - no other dog has ever done it. Must be a poodle thing!
  6. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 New Member

Name:
    jayne
    my family had a black minature poodle called kinky, when i was a teenager. now i have an over sized apricot toy called tricky woo. she's my dream dog that i can take anywhere, and i've just started agility with her. i'd love a standard one day. i loved ricky who won crufts :)
  7. Goodwill

Goodwill New Member

Name:
    Karen
    This is my first standard. so far I am amazed how smart this breed is. He is a love bug too!
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I used to do a lot of Obedience Training with my miniature - I wish I'd done agility with her.

I know someone who knows one of Ricky's co-owners. She has had the pleasure of meeting Ricky and says he is a fabulous dog and has a lovely life. However, she seemed to think he might be going to America. I'll have to try and find out more.
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I've
    I've found all the poodles I've had very intelligent and easy to train - and such fun too!