Anyone experience with this Serbian breeder? Experiences

Discussion in 'Dobermann' started by Liparland, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Liparland

Liparland New Member

Name:
    Lipar

Anyone experience with this Serbian breeder?

Hi, as I am new on this forum, I was wondering if anyone else has the same bad experience with the Serbian breeder L I P A R L A N D? They sold us a dog and discribed her as very friendly to other dogs, children and cats. In short, we paid our money and let her come over (a 2 day trip). Although she was very sweet to us, outside she was very insecure and attacked other dogs.

This continued until the point that she bit a person who was just passing by...We contacted the breeder (L I P A R L A N D) and explained the situation. She told us to send the dog back and we would return our money. As we trusted this person so we did. Big mistake: we never saw our dog or our money back!
    read the full story here: http://www.liparland.info

Anyone else had a bad experience with these 'breeders'?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have read the link you posted. I am sorry to hear of your experience, and even more sorry to hear how poor Una is being shipped around the world - which is hardly likely to improve her temperament problems.
    Here in the UK, (there is also an long ongoing case in the USA), it is very difficult to prove the legal ownership of a dog in court, but I have no knowledge how the law applies in the rest of the EU. Do you think it might be possible that the Serbian Kennel Club, or Dobermann Breed Society could mediate for you?
    The best documentary proof of ownership (over here) is the evidence of full veterinary health record, an option which is not likely to apply in your case. I hope that I am wrong, but suspect that you may be throwing good money after bad in chasing this 'breeder' - and that she knows it.

ps. Your name is such a coincidence - or is it a nom de plume?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Mazza likes this.
    Buying/importing a dog unseen is always risky, and you have to take your chance that the dog you buy is the dog you want.

However, sending a dog back as unsuitable, however financially a loss it is to you, must be far more distressing for the poor dog who has no idea why it is being shipped about to this family, that family, who knows what/where.

I am sorry if you lost money over this, but I feel far more sorry for the poor dog.
  5. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    Did you sign a contract when you bought the dog? I don't know anything about the law in Serbia but when I bought my last dog from a Hungarian breeder one of the clauses in the contract of purchase was:

If the owner neglects, mistreats or fails to provide the dog with suitable living conditions, the breeder has the right to take the dog back from the owner without reimbursement of the purchase price. If however, the dog becomes ill due to a genetic disorder the owner either has the option of returning the dog to the breeder who will reimburse the total purchase price, or the breeder will pay the cost of any medical treatment the dog needs due to the said disorder.

I was quite happy to sign the contract because it not only protects me as the owner but also the breeder and more importantly the dog itself.
  6. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    I actually see this a lot with different Mastiff breeds being imported.
    The highest by far being Tosa Inu's being imported.
  7. MissBoo22

MissBoo22 New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    I know of lipar land they have good quality dogs and know someone who owns them. They are a high caliber working line with some conformation. The person I know had similar experiences but this was because of charging dogs since they don't have leash laws. The person I'm talking about didn't perform as you should with a charging dog meaning they didn't stand in front of their dog and back the other dog off and it was a bad situation all around. Lipar land is a great breeder but a working line Doberman is a huge task and takes a committed person with patients. Plus the dog is being shipped which is stressful on the pup and takes them awhile to settle and become confident again. I know two people that have lipar land pups they both were timid when the arrived but now fine. One is a good schutzhund boy and the other is in agility and conformation they are litter mates :)