Appalling Cruelty By The Chineese. Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by ChinChin, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ChinChin

ChinChin New Member

Name:
    ChinChin

Appalling Cruelty By The Chineese.

I am in a state of shock,I cannot eat or sleep,after seeing the horrific cruelty inflicted upon dogs by the Chineese people. I went on to a friends Facebook page ,there I found the most horrific picture of a Golden Retriever bitch lying on the ground having had one of her hind legs cut off and some Chinese person in the process of cutting off the other hind leg.This poor poor creature was alive and holding her head up.After removing her legs she was skinned alive.I will always have this horrific picture in my mind ,I feel sick and heartbroken.The Chinese eat dogs but the way they are killed would break the hardest heart.They are boiled alive .Please do not buy anything made in China ,something has to be done to STOP this wicked cruelty.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello,
    I am crying. Honestly someone should start a campaign. This is absolutely disgusting. :009: I cannot bear the thought.
    Jane
    xx
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Lots of campaigns/petitions on-line sadly they never amount to anything.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It is so sad. Many of these dogs have either been stolen, or spend their whole lives caged and farmed. The details are so distressing, you can never unsee, or unread what you have learned, and many people refuse to even look for that reason. Over years I have signed so many petitions to try and stamp out these practices in China, Korea, Thailand etc., but still it goes on.
    However, attitudes are changing amongst the younger Chinese, and dog eating has a much lower profile than before. As international pressure increases, and the demand starts to fall, dog farming becomes less profitable, and this is the time when the charities can step in and arrange to purchase the animals for rehoming.
    The pace of change is slow, and I doubt that I will see it cease in my lifetime. The most active charity in this area is Soi Dog, have a look at the work that they are doing, and support them if you can.
  6. ChinChin

ChinChin New Member

Name:
    ChinChin
    GOD IN HEAVEN why isn't pressure put on China to stop this barbaric cruelty.Are they Humans or MONSTERS? What I find hard to watch on TV now is the Amazon ad.A Chinese couple with a baby and a Golden Retriever .It immediately brings to my mind the Horrific picture of that poor pitiful Retriever having her hind legs chopped off whilst still alive at the hands of the most Barbaric race on earth the Chinese.Please Amazon do Not portray the Chineese as kind and careing they are anything but.Cruel Wicked people and I hope they all get what they deserve.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    You might as well ask why is not pressure put on Tanzania to stop the barbaric cruelty of cutting off human albino childrens limbs to be used for "medicinal purposes".

It is, just as pressure is put on China to stop the cruelty to dogs, but it seems that no matter how many thousands of people sign petition after petition, these horrific practices still carry on.

I do not know what, if anything, can be done to stop them.
  8. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Generalized and prejudiced garbage. And this is why I didn't sign a petition. So many people who support these causes label the entire race and country cruel and barbaric. Unfair and incorrect.

Amazon can portray a Chinese couple caring for a dog because they DO exist. Also not all Chinese people live in China. Amazon isn't a Chinese based company. Careful how you word things. Two wrongs don't make a right.
  9. Nugget180

Nugget180 New Member

Name:
    Gary
    So what exactly is the problem with eating dog? I agree with the butchering of a live animal is cruel and inhumane but you really cant stop people from eating dogs in some countries it is a source of protein and religious practice as here in the United States that some native American people do eat dog that are raised for that purpose
  10. ChinChin

ChinChin New Member

Name:
    ChinChin
    First and formost I am an animal lover.The brutal and barbaric treatment of these dogs is unacceptable to anyone of any race with an ounce of compassion.No living creature should be treated this way.If the Chineese choose to eat dogs then at least let them show some humanity in the way they are killed. As for the Amazon advert ,for me this will always be a reminder of this barbaric cruelty. Anyone who condones this butchering of live animals is without compassion or heart .Generalized ,prejudiced garbage I don't think so .This is cruelty beyond belief.This is FACT,this is what so called humans do to defenceless animals.
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I don't think people are against eating dog so much, it is the way they are kept, treated and killed.
  12. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    OP - you called the entire race cruel. Just because some of them treat dogs cruelly doesn't mean they all do. They don't. That's a generalized statement and it shouldn't be made. People who label an entire race and country cruel and barbaric aren't part of the solution.

I don't condone removing the hind legs from a living and conscious animal. I don't condone animal cruelty. But I also don't label an entire race cruel because some of them treat animals poorly.

It's like saying all British people have bad teeth because the media portrays them that way or all Americans are obese because the media portrays them that way.

Making generalized statements is not a good thing to do and you should reconsider how you word things. The true change will come from within just like Carole said.

Do you really think that by labelling ALL of the Chinese cruel, that you will encourage the ones who aren't to stand up and try to make a difference? I definitely don't.

Also, it's spelled "CHINESE" and not "CHINEESE".
  13. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    CaroleC likes this.
    Some complain about the oddness of eating a companion animal. Others state that it is unnatural to eat carnivorous mammals since in nature most "prey" type animals are mostly vegetarian.

The issue in this thread and that most people have is with how the animals are treated before butcher. Zero care is taken and they're often kicked and stomped to death or sliced and diced whilst still alive. Not humane.
  14. Nugget180

Nugget180 New Member

Name:
    Gary
    I apologize I miss read the post as it was about the inhumane practices but sadly it's a common problem all over the world and not just with dogs
  15. ChinChin

ChinChin New Member

Name:
    ChinChin
  16. ChinChin

ChinChin New Member

Name:
    ChinChin
    Thank you for correcting my spelling Chinese/Chinese.I am sure your Critique will Be a source of comfort to the dogs being butchered alive in China. Are you by any chance Chinese/ Chinese with shares in Amazon? because you were very quick to jump to their defence. I don't believe you care one iota about these poor creatures.All you care about is criticising and finding fault with people who do care. I thought this site was for Dog Lovers not for uncareing pretentious Arseholes like you. The very fact you Refused to sign a petition to try and get this Horrific Practice Stopped.The very least you could have done.Tells me everything I need to know about you. You DISGRACE.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @ChinChin

I know this thread is marked "Controversial" but I do not think your above response to @mjfromga was really appropriate either to her or for Breedia. Using bad language and insulting people on a forum which can be read by youngsters does not really set a good example, nor is it netiquette.

Incidentally, I also did not sign the petition.
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    mjfromga likes this.
    There is horrific cruelty worldwide, and to all species, including humans. You are very angry, and I can quite understand why, but you can do nothing for this particular Golden Retriever now. What you need to do is turn your righteous anger into action, and join like-minded people in the fight, - not just by pressing a 'SIGN' button, and dishing out a line in racism on here. Read fully about your topic, and you will discover that many of the workers actually on the ground - the folk who are risking everything they have to rescue these dogs, and care for them until they can be found homes, and who are risk injury by stopping the lorries en route to Yulin - are themselves Chinese. It is not an entire race that carries out these practices, it is cultural, and cultures can and do change over time. Compassion also comes in a multitude of skin tones.

You may have noticed that my signature refers to the fate of lab. animals, and of Beagles in particular. If you were to search thoroughly, you can find photos and videos which might make you want to cry yourself to sleep. I am sorry to tell you that these conscienceless experimenters, and their emotionally stunted assistants, appear to be predominantly educated, English speaking, and have white skin.
  19. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    @ChinChin

Stand down and open your eyes. I don't support people like you who seem to be more prejudiced than caring. Carole made a good point and you really need to get off your high horse and listen to both her and me.

I am not Chinese and everyone here knows that. But you saying that just shows how truly prejudiced you are. I never came to the defense of animal abusers. I just shot down your generalization of an entire country and how you called them all names when some of the main ones trying to help are Chinese.

I will admit that I have lost much of my affinity for dogs and will never own another one, but I've never abused a dog in my life, never will, and would never support it. People here also know that about me. I don't sign any petitions and this one is no different.

If someone as rude as you is behind something, I wouldn't expect too many to follow suit anyway. That was part of my original point. Thankfully, many people are going about this in the right way, and rather than labelling an entire country and race of people cruel (which is ignorant and truly not acceptable), they are simply standing against the practice itself.

Instead of being racist, care about dogs. Like Carole said, it isn't only the Chinese that mistreat dogs.