Are male SBT's "clingier " than bitches ? Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by celli, Sep 7, 2012.

1. celli

celli New Member

Name:
    jane

Are male SBT's "clingier " than bitches ?

Odd question I know, but came about after a conversation I had with my friend who own's my Bridge SBT Spud's brother Ted.

We were discussing our future dog owning plans, and she wouldn't have another SBT as Ted is so clingey and she doesn't want the hassle of that again. I should point out, Ted isn't destructive or anything he just needs to always be beside his mum.
    His brother Spud was similar but not quite as extreme as Ted, he had a more trusting and open demeanour.
    But, both my SBT bitches have been perfectly happy and able to cope without me, and so did my friends old bitch Peggy. So I suggested that perhaps males were just more prone to be being big babies anyway.

So I'm interested to see what other Stafford owners think ?.

Just to add, I bred Spud and Ted's litter and their mum was very confident as was their sire.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Mine isn't at all clingy, he can usually be found sitting out the garden on his own, or on the sofa in the conservatory on his own. He's full of staffie love when I come home but after 5 mins he b*ggers off outside. I'm here to provide love, food and exercise not necessarily in that order.
  4. celli

celli New Member

Name:
    jane
    Spud was the exact opposite, there were times I had to shove him off me as I could barely breath for his lardy **** plonked on me :lol:
  5. PB&J

PB&J New Member

Name:
    Jess
    Is it just a boy dog thing? In my (admittedly limited) experience male dogs do tend to be needier.
  6. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    Anoushka was and Sasha is very independent, but Samson is a complete and utter baby, he cries for his mummy if I go out of his sight but still within the house but is ok to be left home, so he is no trouble really, I would choose either again as I love their characters :grin: :grin: :grin: