Are white Miniature Schnauzers a fault? General Chat

Discussion in 'Miniature Schnauzer' started by exanthematcus, Aug 22, 2008.

1. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo

Are white Miniature Schnauzers a fault?

i did'nt know you could get white ones. do you not like them? sorry if i sound dumb. is it a fault like the white gsd? i do love gsd's regardless of colour, my friend has a beautiful white one. i've only met one mini schnauzer and he was salt and pepper (is that the correct term for the silver/grey ones?)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Well here is a pic of one i found thanks to google! Also found a breeder of whites . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is even an initiative about them!
  4. KateM

KateM New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Yep, you can get white ones, I've a friend with one.

I think they are rather nice

picture of him half way down this page
  5. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Me too, they are very striking. Are there any health problems associated with the whites though?
  6. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hi Ex :) The colours were originally salt and pepper or solid black, then the black and silvers appeared and lastly the solid whites appeared very recently.

No I do not like the whites at all, to me they are poor imitations of the originals and I wouldn't give them house room. This is a quote from the American Schnauzer club with which I agree which puts it simply...

7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I agree with Mini. At Birmingham champ show in My, I saw a solid black Lakeland. it was clearly not the quality of the others, although it was beautifully presented.
  8. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    wow i think they're stunning. those puppies are adorable, i could eat them up lol. as i've only ever seen one mini schnauzer in the flesh i doubt i'll ever get the chance to meet a white.
  9. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Mmmmmm, not sure about them, I take it they are not to breed standard??
  10. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Looking at the standard no i don't think they are . . .

Colour

All pepper and salt colours in even proportions, or pure black, or black and silver. That is, solid black with silver markings on eyebrow, muzzle, chest and brisket and on the forelegs below the point of elbow, on inside of hind legs below the stifle joint, on vent and under tail.
  11. Schnauzerbabe

Schnauzerbabe New Member

Name:
    Sue
    White Miniature Schnauzers are gaining quite a lot of popularity and there are a lot of imports coming in now I suppose (don't really know) that they have to have the same health checks as the other colours of Miniature Schnauzers which are for eye problems there were quite a few at Crufts this year I like them but wouldn't want one I have a 4 year old mini P/S and I would love a black one you never know one day (hope)...
    Sue