Bali hasn't been eating (i'm worried sick:() Diet

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by ChiquitaMartita, Jul 26, 2019.

1. ChiquitaMartita

ChiquitaMartita New Member

Name:
    Bali

Bali hasn't been eating (i'm worried sick:()

Hi there. Bali is a Jack Russel x Boston Terrier Mix. She is 2 years old (turn 3 in November). We live in Madrid, Spain.

I've been having trouble with her eating for about a week now. Initially i assumed her eating patterns were changing because of the weather here in Madrid (its extremely hot).

Yesterday, she vomited a light yellow liquid (clearly nothing was inside her stomach). I fed her rice mixed with tuna after she vomited, she at it and was fine. This morning, i tried to feed her the same (rice with tuna) but this time i mixed some of her kibble in and she did not touch the food. I served her another place of just the rice and tuna, she only ate 1/4th of the contents (a big spoon full).

She is lively, jolly when her toys are given to her and when I take her out for walks. But there are moments at home that she just follows me around wherever i go and sleeps next to me.

She is also a very clingy dog (velcro dog). But I feel this behaviour of her not eating her kibble is not normal and cannot just be because of the weather.

Does anyone have some insight on what must be going on with her? or what I could possibly do to encourage her to eat normally again?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Is Bali drinking, peeing and pooing normally? Vomiting bile is not normally a sign of a possible problem but I would not have given her anything to eat for at least four hours afterwards, if that.

Also tuna, being an oily fish, is not really ideal if a dog has an upset stomach. Plain boiled white rice mixed with plain steamed or poached white chicken or white [not oily] fish is the recommended diet. Do not push her to eat as long as she is drinking, and forget about her kibble for the moment. Also only give her small amounts of food at a time - she will ask for more if she is hungry.

It has been especially hot here so far this summer [±39-40°C] with at least another three more months to go. Much too hot for my little dog to stay out for longer than it takes for her to pee or poo, then she rushes in to find the coolest place she can, and I only go outside when absolutely necessary. Nothing seems to put Tikva off her food but even indoors with the a/c on food is the last thing that interests me. So I can understand if the heat is the cause of Bali not wanting to eat.

I hope she feels better soon.
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Might be worth having her teeth and mouth checked out at the vet to make sure she's not in any pain