Basset hound - Looking for a breeder Questions

Discussion in 'Basset Hound' started by bassetlover, Oct 3, 2010.

1. bassetlover

bassetlover New Member

Name:
    Tasha

Basset hound - Looking for a breeder

Hello peeps,

I am considering of getting another basset hound. My previous one is unfortunately no longer with us and I think it is time I got another one.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good breeders or who can point me in the right direction? As my previous basset I had was from someone who advertised rehoming him in a pet shop. I did manage to track down his breeders in the short space i had my Harry (my basset) for but I dont think I will go back to them for another one.

Tasha x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. sarah8

sarah8 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
  4. JIMMY LAW

JIMMY LAW New Member

Name:
    JIM
    Have you considered a rescue, as you have already experienced a hound and its traits i am pretty sure you would go top of the re-homing list for the next pup or teenager which came into the rescue.
  5. sarah8

sarah8 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
  6. bassetlover

bassetlover New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    Thank you very much for your advice. I am going to look at both options of getting a basset from a breeder and also one from rescue.
    It would be nice to rescue one as it would be lovely to give him/her a loving and caring home. Plus I work in a boarding kennels and I don't like hearing that dogs have to be put into rescue for all sorts of reasons.