Bathtime! CKC grooming/washing advice (8 month puppy) Grooming

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by Breezay, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Breezay

Breezay New Member

Name:
    Gemma

Bathtime! CKC grooming/washing advice (8 month puppy)

Does anyone have any recommendations for particular shampoos & brushes to use on a CKC?
    He's starting to smell a little bit and his fur isn't as silky as it was before & no amount of brushing him is helping. I think he needs a bath!

We've bathed Sox before (he's our Border Collie/Whippet Cross) & he hates it! Apparently George is a little more comfortable with the whole experience so that's a plus.

Advice would be truly appreciated :D
    xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Hi Gemma, depending on budget, there are so many gorgeous products out there on the market.

My breeder gave me a few good tips for grooming.

I have used Chris Christensen Shampoo on my black and tan boy for 3 years now.

Its Black on Black a colour revitalizing shampoo, and it leaves his coat beautifully manageable and with a fab shine too.

I purchased a 16fl oz bottle and it seems to have lasted for ever. I can highly recommend this product.

You can get it from the net.

Inbetween bathing there are many sprays you can use after a good brush and comb.

My boy has a very thick heavy coat and I normally brush him every day, and I manage to get a good clump of his undercoat out with simple brushing and a good fine toothed comb .. along with twigs, leaves, dirt, etc etc :lol:
  4. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Let me know if you want the link ;-)
  5. TEDCAV

TEDCAV New Member

Name:
    Kathy
    I use baby shampoo on my dirty Bertie (black and tan). I did buy some black coat shampoo from Dorwest, but loads of rubbish and smelt manky!
    Ted has anything I'm using
  6. Harry25

Harry25 New Member

Name:
    Deana
    I use Evening Primrose shampoo by Groomers from Pets at Home on Poppy. A bristle brush on her main body etc as well as a fine tooth comb and a soft baby brush on her face. I NEVER use a slicker brush, it tears the coat.
  7. Deborahjane

Deborahjane New Member

Name:
    Deborah
    I use johnsons baby shampoo...no more tangles. It smells gorgeous and leaves their coats lovel and soft and shiny.:grin:
  8. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    I use Doreen Paige shampoos they leave the coat sparkling clean & fresh