Beaglandia, BWR2 General Chat

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, Apr 23, 2018.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole

Beaglandia, BWR2

We had a brilliant day yesterday - I'm not necessarily referring to the weather as we did get wet twice. Same location as last time, but more stalls, fun photo props, enclosed free running areas, and most of all, BEAGLES! Normally sullen Eddie was at his most sociable, and was like a feather on his lead, but Little Miss Goody Goody was a pain! She hardly lifted her head from the sheep-scented ground all day, and nearly de-palmed my hand with her pulling. Little media interest, but I believe that Absolute Radio played Kate Bush's, Hounds of Love for us.
    The rules were tighter, and we all have our fingers, toes, and paws crossed that we have done enough this time! The electronic tag total shows that 1034 adult Beagles completed the walk, the VIPuppies had their own special, but not qualifying walk, afterwards. Sadly, some Beagles did not make it to the event, there was a Rainbow Bridge Tree with ribbons and wooden hearts, and I read that balloons were released at the end of the day. The current record is still held by the Yorkies, I'm not certain whether it stands at 773 or 783, but we should know the result in around 12 to 15 weeks.
    A few pictures, but not easy with a Beagle in the other hand.
    I have had a few problems loading these - apologies if this post looks odd.

Shopping, of course. Old fattie with a naughty Beagle blocking the view.
    DSCF4034.JPG

A glimpse of the fun show. Capesthorne Hall in the background. DSCF4036.JPG

Photo prop area.
    DSCF4031.JPG

Gathering for the massed photo on monument hill.
    DSCF4040.JPG

The main event - a peaceful walk.
    DSCF4046.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thought you might like Eddie's certificate. If we are successful, we will be allowed to download Guinness certificates - for a charge of course.

IMG_20180423_134020_kindlephoto-452136109.jpg
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    What can I say but Thank you Thank you Thank you Carole for those wonderful pictures... and if that is you in the first picture how dare you say "fattie"!

Tikki says Howwwwwllll because she does not say Arrrrrrroooo - it probably sounds the same though, but I think she means Well Done!
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Lovely pics and sounds like it was another great turnout.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Beaglandia, BWR2 seen from the air.
    £10k+ raised for Beagle Welfare and Lab. Animal Rescue.
    Just hope the link works ......

7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    The link worked fine Carole - wonderful seeing all those gorgeous Beagles. It was actually rather emotional watching them all.

Thank you so much for putting the link to the video for us, and well done to everyone for the amount raised. :023:
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    What a great vid and lots of wagging tails I see, well done on the amount raised.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Watching this again, (and again, and again!), I notice most of the walkers are stooping as they cross the start line. This was because the tag detection device is a little low, and we were being verbally encouraged to keep our hands low.
    And no, I haven't spotted ourselves on this video!