Beagle Bash. General Chat

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, Jan 6, 2019.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole

Beagle Bash.

Yesterday we went to the first Staffordshire based meeting of the Shropshire and Staffordshire Beagle Group. The group had been loaned an almost fully enclosed field at a rather swish marina, where the longish grass was quite wet, but there was !!NO MUD!!, which was certainly a bonus.
    I was so proud of my grumpy old Eddie, who ran straight into the centre of the field, and collecting a string of youngsters behind him, raced his little heart out doing laps of the field! I wish I could say that Merry joined in too, but no, she was to busy living up to her nickname of MooMoo, gobbling the grass as if she lived on starvation rations! Once the novelty wore off, she managed to appear every time a human was dishing out treats - jumping up and making a thorough nuisance of herself. You would think that they would learned better manners at their ages.
    I think this was enjoyed by all and is going to be a regular event.
    BeagmeetNigel.PNG
    Chas getting out the treat pot & self (in green). Eddie is the grey looking Beag in the centre, Merry with poker tail is behind him - eating grass.
    BeagmeetRobert.PNG
    Yours truly being mobbed by galloping Beagles.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. RunswithCatahoulas

RunswithCatahoulas New Member

Name:
    Kate
    CaroleC likes this.
    Oh I absolutely love beagles. We had them when I was a child.

Loved reading about ‘moomoo’. I have a dog that does the same!
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    What absolutely delightful pictures Carole - thank you so much for putting them up for us to enjoy. :grin:

How many Beagles were there? I was trying to count tails but kept getting different numbers!
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I didn't count them but I would estimate about thirty. The youngest was five months, and I would guess that Eddie, (at 10y 8m), would be the oldest. The online photos have stirred further interest, so I think there are likely be more next time.
    The meet was scheduled to last from 10.30 to 12.30, but there were microlights being assembled in another field, and the first engine fired up at about noon. Naughty Ed would love to be able to chase motorbikes, so I spotted the change his body language and popped him on his long line. Just in time, as three of them took off over our field, their pilots waggling their legs to gain height! Merry seemed unperturbed, but we headed for the car, then minus the hounds, to the rather classy coffee lounge.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Awww! It’s lovely to see them all enjoy a good romp.