Bearded collie, any info? Questions

Discussion in 'Bearded Collie' started by sarah j, Jul 21, 2008.

1. sarah j

sarah j New Member

Name:
    Sarah

Bearded collie, any info?

could anybody tell me if they own a bearded collie. My daughter has seen them and thinks they are absolutely wonderful, and I would like to know what they are like, eg.do they bark a lot, how big do they get, are they friendly with bags of energy.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. deez

deez New Member

Name:
    tina
    i love bearded collies, i would tell her to google the breed.
    i know someone who has 2 and their gorgeous, yes bundles of energy, very friendly, one barks- alot lol, the other doesnt!
  4. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay

They are very very energetic as a breed(although there are the odd ones that aren't)They can be very very vocal, they should be around 21 inches(bitches)22 inches (dogs) tall (around the same height as a Border Collie) they need grooming daily as puppies to ensure they do not develop matts or knots & also that they are easier to groom as adults.

They are alongside with Cavaliers for temperament & character they do tend to be everybody's best friend.

Like Border Collies they need lots of mental stimulation.

I used to have 8 at one time
  5. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Agree with above my boys are gorgeous but they can make a racket and Zymi esp was very high energy when he was younger. If you do go looking for one be very careful that you don't get a working bred pup without knowing how high energy they can be, they need to be kept stimulated mentally as much or even more than physically.

Working bred tend to be smaller and have less coat my Zymi is working lines hes the black and white boy on the right

Cava the brown is old fashioned show lines but had been clipped in the photo he normally has loads more hair.
    [​IMG]