Beautiful Blue Eyes General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by arctic.wolf, Jun 29, 2007.

1. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

Beautiful Blue Eyes

I love the blue eyed dogs, it gives them a totally different look. How many of you have blue eyed dogs?

here is Sapphire to start

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Here`s Noah, (Northern Inuit) I`ve always loved blue eyed dogs to :smt049

[​IMG]
  4. pod

pod New Member

Name:
    pod
    Beautiful dogs... I love the eyes!

Interesting coat colour too. Do you have any photos of Sapphire standing up?
  5. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    she does have legs lol :grin:
    just easier to take a photo when she is lying down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. pod

pod New Member

Name:
    pod
    Yes, lovely! Really interested now :) do you have any close-ups... especially of the mottledy parts on her back. And do you happen to know the colour of her parents. And what colour was she at birth... and siblings. Any photos?

Sorry, going off topic, but I'm really interested in coat colour
  7. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Same here, she is a fascinating colour lol!
    Becky
  8. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    although the coat colour is not correct for a northern inuit,have to say she is beatiful,and as for blue eyes i personally like them
  9. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    She is an unusual colour for a Northern Inuit, her mottled patchy colour is in her undercoat the longer guard hairs are white, though she is still changing colour. here she is at 6 weeks and 10 weeks, but she could still change colour as she is still only 10 months old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dam Mahlek Lady Jane is white, and the Sire Shadowlands Aragorn is mainly white with a dark marking on his back. I don't know if there are any siblings on dogsey, but my Talli is her half brother and Kia is her half sister. I am sure that there are a lot of Northern Inuit on here that have the same Sire or Dam.
  10. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
  11. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    So it's her undercoat that is dark then?
    Becky
  12. pod

pod New Member

Name:
    pod
    Gets curiouser and curiouser :shock: I'm going to have to go some of these breed gatherings!

Any more photos and info on her colour would be much appreciated. That black spot on her tail.... you have painted it on haven't you :lol: Was it there at birth do you know?
  13. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    When I took Kali to the vet for his first jabs, the vet said "Aagh! It's another of those damn puppies from Clook!" (Clook was the farm where Kali was born). I asked if the markings had been the giveaway - "No, it's the blue eyes!"

[​IMG]

One day, we took Kali back to the farm, to let Robert see how well the dog was doing, and he showed us the latest litter. One stood out as nearly identical to Kali, including the eyes; he became Snorri the Priest -

[​IMG]

There's an old dear in our village who crosses herself when she sees them. She won't even stay on the same side of the street - she thinks they have the "Evil Eye"!!!:shock: :roll:

effing nonsense!

Snorri
    :evil:
  14. claudeen

claudeen New Member

Artic wolf - Sapphire is very unusual, I think she is beautiful.

The border collie looks amazing with those eyes.
  15. MazY

MazY New Member

Name:
    Me
    Rather bizarrely, there is an old dear in our town. I cross the road whenever she approaches. She has the tartan-covered shopping trolley of doom!

P.S. Sapphire is one stunning dog, that's for sure.
  16. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    i agree claudeen,i love blue eyes ,i love yellow eyes like lola and ottos yellow eyes as well:grin:
  17. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    Arctic wolf, Janie and Snorri, your dogs are beautiful. I love the blue eyes. We used to have a blue eyed dog living near us and I was always mezmerised by his eyes, could'nt stop looking at them. So gorgeous. I did see an advert one day for GSD pups and the mum had blue eyes I had never seen this before has anyone else seen one in the flesh so to speak?
  18. pod

pod New Member

Name:
    pod
    Ok Becky, what do you think? Here's my thoughts...

aw Sw Sw T

It would be much easier with a photo of her newborn but if I'm correct, she would have been mostly pure white with distinct patching, on the tail obviously and also on the head, over the ears. The ticking would start to appear at a couple of weeks old (as in Austrailian Cattle Dogs) to make the back mottled. There could also be 'domino' which would lighten the head pigment.

The photo of her at ~12 weeks (in the arms of someone) is a bit confusing as she looks similar to a recessive yellow but I think it could just be different lighting.

Edit: normal recessive blue eye does occur in the Siberian but in this case the Sw (extreme white) could have caused the blue eyes.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2007
  19. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    It's a difficult call because it's unusual to have dark undercoat and lighter guard hairs which are sometimes called silvers in other species (not to be confused with the silver of a poodle) like rats and guinea pigs.
    Definately agree that in the younger pics she looks like recessive yellow lol!
    Confusing one that one, would be interested to see photos of the parents!
    Becky
  20. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

Don't know what the genetic stuff means, can you let me know please.

The black spot on the base of her tail was there when I saw her at 6 weeks, but has nearly grown out now, it is only on the guard hairs not the undercoat, and now it is only on the last half inch of the hairs. Good job I didn't call her Spot!
  21. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    I love blue eyes now, but Kali's were quite difficult to get used to, initially! Especially when letting him out at night for his "late-night piddle" :shock: - the eyes show up in torchlight like car headlights, but much spookier!

When Kali was little, he couldn't manage the "I'm just a poor little puppydog" look - he just looked truculent, a bit like Steve McQueen planning to shoot someone! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snorri
    :lol: