Because my own 5 weren't enough lol Rescue

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Faustino, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Meg, Janet and Azz like this.

Because my own 5 weren't enough lol

We've just got almost 50 Spanish rescue dogs up to Germany yesterday to enjoy their forever homes, and I've written a little blog post about the whole project (it started out as a warm-weather training project but it was inevitably going to turn into a dog-centric thing haha!!) I'm now involved with for anybody interested. We've got a real problem down here with abandoned dogs but it's nice to be able to contribute a little bit. Delighted for all the dogs!

http://wellbeinginandalusia.wordpress.com/
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Faustino likes this.
    Nice one Ken :023:

You'll have to keep the thread updated with lots of pics - I'm especially keen to see the rarer breeds like Spanish Mastiffs :D
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Faustino likes this.
    What a great story! Fantastic pictures, both of the dogs and the scenery.
  5. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Meg and Azz like this.
    A couple for now! Big Ronaldo and a huge pup who wants to frolic with me; the only problem is that he's probably heavier than me lol and gives me a right belting every time I clean his kennel hehe! IMG_3006.JPG IMG_3046.JPG
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Faustino likes this.
    Stunning dogs :049:

Thanks for posting Ken!
  7. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Faustino likes this.
    i love it! this sounds like a holiday for me (bit of a bus mans holiday but ild love it). im showing the hubby.
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Faustino likes this.
    What a fab idea, well done .
  9. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Faustino likes this.
    Well done to all involved Ken. A great achievement :)
  10. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Awesome! It's a popular idea to mix a relaxing break with a bit of help here, judging by responses I've got from rescue centres. Lots of folk in the rescue world in the UK have signed up. I wasn't sure if there's be much interest but us doggie peeps are a funny bunch hehe. Even our holidays become all about the dogs! If you want more info just ask!
  11. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Faustino likes this.
    ive been emailing you. showed hub hes having a think as hes not as dog as me, he helped at rspca a whole 1 time with me but my brother likes the look so hes having a think aswell as leaving his security dogs is quite the task. going to post to some of my security dog friends incase they fancy it.
  12. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Faustino likes this.
    I would end up bringing one back to live with me. Then again, I doubt it would stop at one! :lol:
  13. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Great! Don't worry, we're pretty informal here. If you wanted to help out that'd be great and less doggy folk could siesta their afternoons away back at the house or I could drop them somewhere interesting (one of the nearby villages you might have seen on the blog, for instance) while the rest of us went to the centre. Lots of options available!
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Well we have all been nagging you for long enough! ;)
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Faustino likes this.
    I would love to help you Ken and would do in a blink had circumstances permitted.

Well done in everything you do - I think you deserve a shed-load of medals! :)
  16. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Malka likes this.
    Thanks Malka! I've been shocked by the interest and foresee great things here:cool:
  17. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz likes this.
    couple more pix of the Mastins

IMG_3139.JPG IMG_3138.JPG
    Awesome lads, but somewhat intimidating when they go into full-on puppy play mode as they weigh about 80 kgs and it's like what I imagine being rag-dolled by a tiger would be like lol
  18. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Faustino likes this.

Awww I want the white one :D

How old are they?
  19. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz likes this.
    This wee chap seemed to be a bull-infused shepherd although the pic doesn't show it. No favourites allowed, of course, in the shelter but he particularly melted my heart...

IMG_3114.JPG IMG_3116.JPG

The bottom one was without crud in his eye. Gorgeous boy, eh?
  20. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz likes this.
    The same big boy from earlier, 80 kgs of playfulness. My mate, Ronaldo

IMG_3140.JPG IMG_3138.JPG

WARNING! Anybody heading down for a holiday helping us had better come in at least an estate car because these big lads are too big to fly and I guarantee you'll be wanting to take them back. Really fallen for these big daft sops myself;-)
  21. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz likes this.
    That white one is such a character. i could really cry when i stroke him and look into his eyes. Such a giant but a sweetie who should ideally be living on a big expanse of land guarding sheep or something.

Reposted them on other thread. I had forgotten I'd put them up here as I'm so excited about this whole project haha

I'll find out their ages today. Sure the brown one is young and Ronnie maybe 4 IIRC