behaviour

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Ron Turner, May 24, 2017.

1. Ron Turner

Ron Turner New Member

Name:
    Ron

behaviour

I have a 13yr old staff who up until 3weeks ago would go out each day for her walks now she stays on her mate in our bedroom I had an accident 3 weeks ago while out walking her I step out into the road and was hit by a car at low speed could this be the problem with her I have had checked by our vet she has joint issues in her back leg and is getting cataracts
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Ron - I am sorry to read about your accident and hope you were not badly hurt and are OK now. Was your Staffy hurt? Maybe the joint issues are connected to her age, the same as the cataract are.

Do you have a yard for her to go in for exercise and toilet duties and if so, will she go out there?

I am sorry I cannot help you any more - perhaps someone more experiences in older dogs can advice you.
  4. OxbullTerrier

OxbullTerrier New Member

Name:
    Mark
    Hey Ron my girl 14&having back leg trouble too arthritis really slow jerky wen first gets up goes out soon seems loosen up once out. She used come everywer with me but now sometimes just doesn’t want to come especially in damp drizzle weather might be she just ceased up need little encouragement to go throu that rocking stage.. Hope you get sorted Feel your Pain my friend