Belgian Malinois needs new home Rescue

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Blademontane, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Blademontane

Blademontane New Member

Name:
    Blade

Belgian Malinois needs new home

I have had a Belgian Malinois for 2 years that is in need of rehoming, as we had an altercation where he bit me, and since then, he's been a lot more nervous around me, mostly when I'm coming home though, and his fear aggression and resource guarding have also gotten worse.

My partner and I plan to have kids soon, so we cannot put them at risk due to our dogs past actions, and he's also nervous around people he hasn't met, so we were hoping someone could help us find him a home, with someone that is knowledgeable about the problems that owners face with Belgian Shepherds.

Thank you.

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You don't say which country you are in.
    If you love this dog, and would really like to keep him, you could ask a behaviourist to assess your dog, and maybe recommend some different methods for handling the mistrust which seems to have developed in your relationship.
    Alternatively, if you are dead set on rehoming him, I suggest that you get in touch with your national breed club, and see if they would be prepared to re-home him through their breed rescue scheme.
  4. Blademontane

Blademontane New Member

Name:
    Blade
    I live in the UK. I messaged Belgian shepherd association of GB, but they haven't gotten back to me, and I messaged the Northern Belgian shepherd dog club, and the person who responded said that they're not a behaviourist, but considering their personal experience, I should just take him to the vet and get him out down, so they've been no use at all.

I would love to get a behaviourist, but money is very tight at the moment as we're moving into our first home and need to fix it up, and it's also very difficult to make the time necessary to spend with him when it comes to training him.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka and CaroleC like this.