Belly Bands? Questions

Discussion in 'Italian Greyhound' started by Brianne M Blazosky, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Brianne M Blazosky

Brianne M Blazosky New Member

Name:
    Brianne

Belly Bands?

Hello!

My name is Brianne and my baby boy is Hugo. He is 1 year, and 2 days, old. Hugo is pad trained. He does well with knowing where he's supposed togo, but often he thinks that if his paws are on the pad, thats good enough - nevermind that he's peeing directly into the carpeted hallway! The main problem is that when he pees, it, of course, goes all over his chest and legs. And then he runs back to the sofa, soaking wet. I am in the process of trying a great number of things around bathroom behaviour, but I am wondering about belly bands. Does anyone use them? Does anyone recommend or caution against them?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    Maybe I’m missing something here, or it wasn’t included in your post, but why isn’t Hugo trained to go outside.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I agree with @who owns who. Given that the flow of a male dog's urine is capable of such great variation in its trajectory, how could he consistently hit a pee pad when he needs to lift his leg? Why not just take him outside at appropriate intervals, and dispense with the pad altogether? I might be tempted to use a belly band for an elderly and incontinent dog, but not for a young healthy male.