Bit deflated Showing

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Jackie, May 9, 2014.

1. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

Bit deflated

With Figos critique from WELKS........

2nd Mellor’s Austwell I Get Around - Nine months, taller and squarer. Reasonable head but not the front assembly of the winner. Good rear angles. Tended to move close both behind and in front.

Got a much better one from the club show....

Oh well onwards to this weekend.....
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Onwards and upwards Jackie :058: xx
  4. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Isn't that just one persons opinion though?
    ya can't win em all ;)
    What did you think of the winner? Was there a noticeable difference in the front assembly?
    He'll probably go on to win this weekend now.
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Yes two completely different types , the winner was 11 mth old too, so a lot more mature than Figo...

I guess we are only human, it's like someone criticising our kids we don't like it Lol!!
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Figo is a winner in our eyes Jackie ;)

Keep your chin up xx
  7. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hi Jackie :) I wouldn't worry about it. As you know you are showing Figo at that inbetween stage when he is all legs and has yet to drop in body. Lack of body and muscle may give him the appearance of 'looking close in front and behind'.
    Some judges may take this into account other may not.
    There is always next time :)
  8. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Im not entirely sure what any of that means. But like trouble says thats one person and you cant win them all over. When phoebe was a teen she was ugly. So out of proportion she looked weird
  9. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Don't be downhearted Jackie, as Meg says, Figo's in that in between stage!

At ten months old, Georgina seems to be all legs stuck onto the corners of an over long body .... most peculiar looking ... and not what I would expect with a Pei who are normally stocky. :017: I was quite demoralised until we met two older Pei at the vets the other week and I realised the only difference between her and them was that she needs to put on more weight and develop a more muscle which I'm sure she'll do as she grows older!
  10. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    I know.....sometimes it just gets to you :cry: I know Figos faults, he is on the tall and leggy side of the standard, which at this stage shows against the more compact of the breed, but everything is in the right place and I am told his dad was the same,( who is a champion).... Anyway onwards we go !!!
  11. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
  12. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I think there's a big difference in you knowing his faults and someone else pointing them out though, you go into protective mummy mode even if basically you did ask their opinion:lol: just keep it in perspective they all have their personal likes and dislikes and you just need to show under the right judge for you.
  13. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Lol!! Yep it's exactly that....how dare someone criticise my baby :eek:
  14. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Shouldn't worry I had same thing with one my Rottweiler's, he was winning everything when he 7 & 8 months old, then his body filled out but never grew taller so he looked odd for couple more months until he grew taller, then when he reached 1 year old he started winning again.
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    They should have gone to Specsavers! ;)
  16. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Keep your chin up ! Im afraid its part & Parcel of showing, many a time I was disappointed in the judges critique but just learned to take it in my stride.

Judges reports have changed over the years when I first started showing reading them was an education in itself, and some could be really harsh, then we started getting,Nice head, good body, good legs, good feet, good movement, which provided no real information whatsoever, to me a judge's report should show that the judge knows and understands the breed and should be informative and constructive, pointing out failings but also provide encouragement by saying where the dog succeeds.
  17. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I agree....you just need a thick skin in this game...
  18. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Yes you do and with success it needs to get even thicker.
    Might be different in your breed but I also learned to accept poor sportsmanship Ive had profession handlers and other owners slag off my dogs when I beat them, ill never forget at one show the bloke I beat threw his second rosette at the judge and told him to keep it,that i found upsetting,

but on the flip side I met some wonderful knowledgeable people who I am still friends with.