Bladder Stones? Help Health

Discussion in 'Dalmatian' started by Tiffany Ashmore, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Tiffany Ashmore

Tiffany Ashmore New Member

Name:
    Tiffany

Bladder Stones? Help

Hi All!
    The other day my puppy (4 months), Larkin, got into God knows what. Her stomach was really bloated and distended. The emergency vet took an x-ray and said it would all pass. She gave her an IV and medication to help her poop it all out. (Food, toy parts, knob off of a cabinet) How does she eat all of this stuff when I only leave her for like 2 hours a day, tops?! Anyways, I've attached a picture of her x-ray. I think she might have bladder stones. The emergency vet said it could have been something she ate. She didn't think it was bladder stones. But I don't want my pup to be in any pain if it is. So look at the x-ray and let me know if you think it might be bladder stones. They are all over the place, so it doesn't look like normal bladder stones. But I guess she could just be passing them??? Who knows. Help! Larkin.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hello Tiffany, and welcome to Breedia.
    I would trust the vet, who will be well used to reading x-rays. It is highly unlikely that such a young puppy would have bladder stones, and I'm sure the vet would have wanted to investigate if there had been any doubt at all. Given the chance, puppies will eat all kinds of rubbish, - do you think these might be pieces of gravel that are actually lying in an area of the lower bowel?
    I am not claiming any particular expertise, and if you are going to worry, it might be worth re-visiting the vet with your photo, and asking for a little more explanation.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If you have to leave her regularly, even if only for a couple of hours, would it not be an idea to get a crate for her so she cannot eat things she should not?