Blenheim CKCS

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by Tassle, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H

Blenheim CKCS

Leading on from my 1.2.3 scream thread.....just remembered another call I had.....

A lady with an 8 month old CKCS...she had not got it till it was 5 months (the breeder wouldn't let it go over christmas..fair enough) However...the dog have not been taken out anywhere and not had its puppy jabs either :?

They took the pup one and a month later the breeder called to make sure they would not neuter the dog as she wanted to use him. She had kept his brother and later discovered that he has an undershot jaw...(this breeder get more and more suspicious)

The people said thta they were not keen on the idea of using him as a stud (Yeah :023:) - however - the breeder then out the guilt on them saying that they should as there were very few Blenheims left. I have 4 that come to me for training, but just wondered if any CKCS owners or breeders could tell me if this is correct or if it was just a guilt trip?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    If it wasn't so sad I would be ROFLMAO the vast majority of Cavaliers are Blenheim, the other parti colour Tri colours are next with the solids bringing up the rear.

Pleas tell the owner that Blenheim Cavaliers are not rare & certainly not on the way to extinction. If she wants to have her boy neutered at a medically appropriate time.then she should. However I personally do not neuter my males & would only do so if there was a medical condition that required it. It can lead to the coat going fluffy & unmanageable. However she could tell the breeder she is too late & the dog has already been done.
  4. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    :? Sounds a little suspect to me, and I would agree with JD and say awwww I have had him neutered already.
  5. Deborahjane

Deborahjane New Member

Name:
    Deborah
    Blenheim Cavaliers are the most popular of the breed. Just say that hes already neutered!
  6. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    Blenheim Cavaliers are the most common then its the tri followed by black and tan then a ruby.
    At crufts this year it was mostly Blenheims in the ring that I saw. Its always blenhiems I see the most of where ever I go. I have a black and tan plus a blenheim and it many people think Dotty is a proper cavalier with her being a blenheim and Ziggy must be a cross:roll:
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Blenheim Cavaliers as others have said are the norm, not rare,

And unless the owner had the dog on "breeding terms" the breeder has no right to dictate whether or not she neuters him.

On the other hand if she bought the dog on breeding terms, then she should abide to them.
  8. maddoglady

maddoglady New Member

Name:
    jenny
    Sounds a very dodgy breeder, I have 3 Blenheims and one Tri.
    think i would say too late already had him done.