Boer Boel info please General Chat

Discussion in 'Boerboel' started by Trixybird, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy

Boer Boel info please

When I was out this afternoon, I saw this guy walking this fabulous dog - naturally I stopped and asked the breed.

Do we have any members on here with this breed ? Or any information please.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    They are beautiful aren't they? OH wouldn't let me have one:cry:

I love mastiffs though:grin:

I think there is only one breeder so far in the country, based in Cheshire...there was when I was looking anyways. You might have to go a long way to find another Boer Boel owner!
  4. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    He was stunning - big and beautiful :lol: I think he said he was only 14 months old too.

He did say how much he paid ( I didn't ask ) and I was totally gobsmacked!!!!!
  5. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Never had one myself but a very good friend of mine had a couple a few years ago. Trying to remember if he bred from them but the grey cells are struggling at this time of day!
    I thought they were really majestic animals - absolutely superb guard dogs. And SO powerful!!!! You could imagine one in the wrong hands being a potentiall nasty situation!
  6. becks1983

becks1983 New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Wow....... i had never even heard of this breed but now looked it up...........stunning!
  7. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Phenomenal strength I would imagine, but this guy was so laid back - in my description not unsimilar to say the great dane.
  8. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    Have only seen pics of them but agree that they are impressive :)
  9. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    BIG...Great looking....powerful dogs!
    I love em!!!!!
  10. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
    Yes, very impressive animal. Only seen one on TV on one of the Cesar Milan episodes - he belonged to a singer and was pretty much kenneled all day bar some days when the dog walker came as the singer was scared of him. The dog walker finally adopted him though so that was a happy outcome for him in the end.
  11. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    My boyfriends mate has some. Well, I think he does because he described the dog, said it began with a "B" and when I suggested Boer Boel, he said thats what it was.

I'd never heard of them until I saw the Cesar episode with Patti La Belle and I agree, they are beautiful dogs.
  12. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    i think they are an african mastiff:grin:
  13. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Just double checked with my husband - our friend has bred Boerboels in the past although now only has his bitch left. She is a lovely thing - really loves their kids. As i said, a phenomenal guard dog (guards their stables) and a wonderful family dog but the power in them means they need a really good owner. Not exactly a first time owners dog ;)
  14. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky

South African to be precise.
  15. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    well i wasnt sure :roll:
  16. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    What on earth was the eye roll for?! I was only adding additional information that i though people might find interesting.
  17. susanatlasinski

susanatlasinski New Member

Name:
    Susan
    There is a breeder in Lanarkshire, Saw one of her pups at my ringcraft, he was lovely but a bit of a handfull
  18. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    My absolute favourite breed - I love them, but have never been luck enough to meet one :-(

Would love to meet one in the flesh :)
  19. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    when i first started in this site i was alway being corrected an im not over it sorry :-(
  20. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    That's ok just PLEASE try to stop being defensive! It makes communication very difficult at times. We're mostly friendly here :)
  21. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    It looks like this breed is very much admired - I'm so pleased I'm not alone :grin: