Breathing problem but BAOS not the issue? Health

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by RioKyp, Dec 27, 2019.

1. RioKyp

RioKyp New Member

Name:
    Mario

Breathing problem but BAOS not the issue?

Looking for anyone who may have a similar situation.

My Frenchie Bowser is extremely healthy. He is 7 1/2 years old. He is Not overweight, active, has eaten a raw diet for over a year and loves it!

He had BAOS surgery when he was young to address breathing issues, mates and palate. After recent examinations we have determined the soft palate has not grown back and his breathing is excellent while up and mobile.

Here’s the problem, when he lays down at night to rest he has difficulty breathing when he is really relaxed. He constantly changes positions and I catch him exasperated and taking big hauls of air before changing positions and trying to fall asleep again.

I’ve paid thousands of dollars at the vet trying to figure out anything that I can do but after trying a few medicines I’m stumped. I’ve done scopes, CT scans.. everything.

I run a humidifier in the room at night ( might be too small?) and I’ve tried giving him some allergy meds prescribed from The vet. He takes apoquel for itching.

Does anyone else have anything similar going on or does anyone have some advice?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Did the CatScan show any abnormality in his heart or lungs?