Breeds in a dog - an easy way to find out? Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by kobebear, Apr 16, 2009.

1. kobebear

kobebear New Member

Name:
    Samantha

Breeds in a dog - an easy way to find out?

I have just purchased a rescue dog, she is a whippet cross with something else and am trying to find out what, does anyone know a simple way to find out.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Not really, short of asking a lot of questions of her breeder and good old fashioned investigation. As far as I am aware there is no genetic testing possible for dog breeds... A Chihuahua has the same genetic make up as a Great Dane... You could try posting pictures on here and let people have their best guess then going with consensus of opinion:) ???

Or just post pictures of her anyway:)
  4. kobebear

kobebear New Member

Name:
    Samantha
    she was found wandering the streets and a rescue centre took her in so they dont know what she crossed with. I dont know how to post pictures on here, any advice would be very welcome.
  5. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Posting pics would be the the best way then we can all have a guess. Does she have a broken coat or is she smooth coat? The most common crosses with whippets is either a collie type or a bull terrier.
  6. kobebear

kobebear New Member

Name:
    Samantha
    Honey has a smooth coat and its golden like a labrador, the rescue thought she was a whippett x labrador but havent seen anything of that kind when looking. Cant see bull terrier in her either as she has got long legs.
  7. kobebear

kobebear New Member

Name:
    Samantha
    I have managed to post a picture of Honey on pictures forum so hopefully someone may be able to tell me what she crossed with.
  8. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Replied on the other thread but i think she may be a staffie x whippett. She certainly has some terrier in her rather then lab. A quick search on google and here is a pic of other staffie x whippet:

[​IMG]
  9. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    Have her DNA tested - they do it now :)
  10. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    Saw this pic as well of a Lurcher x Staffie
    [​IMG]

How gorgeous:)
  11. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    They make very good working dogs as well which is why its such a common cross.