Bubble Wrap?? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Toedtoes, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Helidale

Helidale New Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes and Malka like this.
    Lovely photos. Looks like you were lucky with the weather.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Thanks. The weather was actually weird. By about 7:30 am, you could see blue sky, fog dispersing, and mist rising off the lake. By about 11 am, the fog descended again and there was no sky for the rest of the day. Overnight, everything was soaking wet from the fog. But it never got real cold.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Toedtoes likes this.
    I must thank you from the bottom of my heart for the photographs and your wonderful comments describing them - I have been sitting here giggling like a schoolgirl while reading them! Having just completed a marathon four-hour back and forth email discussion, complete with "instructions" as to how to get into my "personal area" on the supermarket website - which kept informing me that my surname is "Screw" and that my ID number was incorrect...

...umm, hello supermarket, my surname is most definitely not "Screw" - it has never been "Screw", and has been the same one since I was married, over 55 years ago. And I have had the same ID number since 25 August 1985. And so on and so forth.

All sorted now - I hope - and I was finally relaxing with my first coffee of the day [at gone midday] when I came across the photographs. And I am still giggling at them!!!
  5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    We aim to please!

At least you're not Screw anymore. ;)
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Unfortunately there appears to be no way for either I or them to change it at the moment. I do not object to my first name to be spelled incorrectly as it is spelled incorrectly on my ID card, thus on all legal documents. The main problem is that the same letter is used for G and for J. To change a G sound into a J sound requires a little ' to be put after the letter, and as Hebrew is written from right to left, it would appear as 'G so Juli would appear as ג'ולי because without the ' it would be pronounced Gooli.

But where on earth they got "Screw" from, I'll never know, and as for the English translation of the name of my Moshav...
  7. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I found a dog cot for Cat-dog. It is a Coolaroo brand and it folds up like a camp chair. I got the XL size - it is big enough for Cat-dog to lay on straight out (she doesn't bend in the middle that well).

It arrived this weekend and I set it up in the living room. I convinced her to lay on it a couple times, but Tornado-dog gets all excited and jumps on her, and she still isn't comfortable that far out in the living room, so she immediately gets up and goes back to her hallway...

Meanwhile, someone is attempting a theft...
    IMG_20211129_1434218.jpg

He now has his toys strewn all over it and he will go play with them on it - when he's not sticking his toys in my face so I'll "go for them" (he really enjoys taking them from me).