Bull Mastiff's General Chat

Discussion in 'Bullmastiff' started by Jem, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma

Bull Mastiff's

My dad has always had rotties or gsd's but since his gsd died a few months ago his elderly rottie bitch has become a bit lonely, my dad decided after being broken into he needs a big presence dog to prevent this happening again but NOT a guard dog, the dog will not be outside and will be a big part of the family and a friend for rosie ( rottie )
    He has decided on a bull mastiff I personally have not heard a lot about bull mastiffs so im wondering who on here own's one and how they are to own?
    I have googled them and found some info but I'd prefer to give my dad info from actually owners of bull mastiffs.
    Any info would be brilliant.
    Thanx in advance xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Bamboozi

Bamboozi New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Hi i have had Bullmastiffs for 10 years and i can honestly say they are wonderful loyal pets. They are excellent with family and im my experience i have never had one that would gaurd anything apart from there bed.My dog didnt even bark untill she was about 2, now she goes mad at people walking past the back gate pretending she is big and hard. If they open the gate and come in she legs it in the house, thats how brave she is. Saying that a dog that i once fostered was nothing like that he was very protective and wouldn't let any one in with out me moving him back and tellin him it was ok. So maybe if he getsa dog n nota bitch might just be that bit more protective that your dad might need. If it is castrated at an early age there should never be a problem with that and thr rottie.
    The size duz seem to put alot of people off but saying that will prob only be the same size s a rottie.
    I would recomend a bullmastiff to any one who wants a big softie to be part of the family.
    Once you have owned one you are definatley adicted i would say
  4. becks1983

becks1983 New Member

Name:
    Becky
    I dont own a bull mastif but have been doing lots of research about them for myself and i am soooooooooooo tempted he he
  5. Bamboozi

Bamboozi New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    I think if you have done all the research and think a Bullmastiff is for you then you certainly won't be disapointed if you get one. I would say the 1st 2 years are a challange as with any young dog/pup and at times you wana pull your hair out but every second is worth it when the eventually calm down and turn in to the biggest softest lump
    [​IMG]
    This is Amber when she was younger