Bump on eyelid Questions

Discussion in 'Akita' started by who owns who, Jun 22, 2020.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc

Bump on eyelid

71BEC39B-4F1A-484D-BCD7-CF49B3FDA9AD.jpeg Bandit has a bump on his eyelid. It feels hard, he also has one on his snout near the same eye, although that one is less pronounced, you have to feel it, it’s not visible.

I have made an appointment for tomorrow morning. Vets here are still not allowing clients in with their pets. My concern with this is that there are two vets who work at this practice, one of which is the owner. Tomorrow Bandit will not be seeing either of them, but he will be seen by a fill in vet as one of the regulars is on vacation. I guess my concern with this is he won’t know this person, and he is an Akita, and I won’t be allowed into the appointment.

I’m trying to decide if I should call back and reschedule for a time when he could be seen by the owner (who’s not on vacation), who knows him and his temperament, and who bandit is familiar with. I’d have to take an hour or two off work later in the week to do this, which I don’t mind, and I’m sure my job would be ok with.

So my questions are has anyone seen something like this on their dog, and would you reschedule with a familiar vet as opposed to the fill in vet.

Edit. I was just looking at the picture and wonder if it’s just an ingrown hair? Although this wouldn’t explain the bump on his snout...
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think that it might be better both for Bandit and your peace of mind if you re-schedule the appointment so that he is seen by the vet he knows.

Sorry Marc but I have no idea what the bumps could be, but I hope they are nothing serious.
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Well know I have an appointment on Friday afternoon, that was soonest regular vet had an opening. Waiting for confirmation from work that I can leave early. Tomorrow’s appointment would have been on my day off. Hope I’m doing the right thing waiting longer...
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I hope Bandit is OK. I don't think it looks serious, but always best to check. Eddie has a little wart on the side of his muzzle - it hardly shows and has never caused any problem, thank goodness. He has enough problems already!
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I dropped off some supplies (beer, ice cream and chocolate sauce) for my neighbors on my way home tonight. He looked at Bandit and wondered if they might be bite marks.... The bump on his snout is now visible.

Katie Mae does snap at him at times. Sometimes it seems protective and others it seems aggressive. I have occasionally found tiny scabs that I think are from her teeth... I guess I’ll know in a few days if they go down. She can be quite the little terror if pushed by him. This doesn’t happen during play.

As she’s matured her personality has changed some. I totally see where the word bitch comes from with her... She is extremely affectionate, more so than Bandit, and listens better than him too, but he can be calmer and kinda sweeter. He can relax and get pets, sometimes he likes to spoon and get a full body hug, belly rubs and neck rubs, whereas she will let me know exactly where she wants to be pet, and likes to face me with front paws stretched out towards me. She jumps on the bed and lays like this almost every night when she sees I’m getting ready for bed.

I got the time off work on Friday afternoon to take him to the Vets, if its still necessary. I could definitely see the bump’s being from a quick snap from Katie Mae.
  7. ReichertCaleb

ReichertCaleb New Member

Name:
    ReichertCaleb
    When starting a dog, take the dog to a veterinary clinic to vaccinate dogs against vaccines that cause disease parasites. Each vaccine can protect against several different types of disease organisms. Contribute to increasing dog's resistance to dangerous agents outside the wall.

Make sure the living environment of the dog is clean and tidy. In addition to regularly washing blankets, dog litter. You should also look for ticks to kill ticks, lice specially treated in veterinary to ensure the puppy's accommodation is clean. This will minimize the chance that the dog will have pustules. Regularly groom dogs. Promptly detect ticks, lice, and flea bites on dog hair and take prompt treatment.

Dog nutrition regimen plays an important role in treating and preventing dog's pus. If your dog's body detects malnutrition, the skin and fur will be greatly affected. Once the dog's fur and skin is weak, the likelihood of a pustule will be higher.

Dogs with pustules make them extremely uncomfortable. Therefore, build a good care regime for small friends. If you notice any unusual signs, contact your veterinarian immediately.