Can anyone explain this in a pedigree ???????? General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Heather and Zak, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather

Can anyone explain this in a pedigree ????????

I have just seen that an 11 week old NI pup is for sale, and on it's pedigree for the dam is says Dam xxxx or xxxx and they are 2 different dogs as there are pictures on the website. How can they not know who the dam to the pup is. I find it very strange. Can anyone explain.:017:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. dsmem3429

dsmem3429

Welcome to the mystical world of the Northern Inuit!
  4. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    I would pressume if they don't know who the dam is that there are a large number of bitches and pups in one area together so they are not sure who the pup belong to.

Which sounds rubbish! That's the only thing i can think of.
  5. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  6. dsmem3429

dsmem3429

Well I suppose it makes a change from 'who's the daddy?':roll:

Jeremy Kyle here we come.

Very poor breeding practices if that is the reason though, appalling in fact. Poor pups.
  7. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    I try not to get too involved in the NI threads as I know owners on here - some of which I consider good friends.

If you want to know the answer to your question I guess the only people that can (or not) answer your question are the folk that placed the add.

Let's not start another thread that upsets the NI owners as we've already established that the lines are not always clear.
  8. Heather and Zak

Name:
    heather
    I can understand not knowing who the daddy is, but the mum :017: Well I love Jeremy Kyle but definately think he will have his work cut out here.
  9. Heather and Zak

Name:
    heather
    Sorry Phil, but if it had been a Gsd pedigree I would have still asked if someone can explain it to me.
  10. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I dont suppose you could post the pedigree?
  11. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    I guess that at least they've been honest. They could have easily just put one dog on the pedigree to avoid awkward questions, but at least they've thought of the dogs enough to put up both possible parents.
  12. dsmem3429

dsmem3429

Hey I AM a NI owner, and I'm not upset just annoyed as...

A) That advert could be selling any sort of mix as a NI
    B) If they are NI's then it just doesn't help the breed's image at all and
    C) Just doesn't surprise me anymore sadly.

I don't think any NI owner would get upset at this thread anymore than say a GSD owner would be if it was a GSD in the advert.

Group hug everyone:grin:
  13. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I'm not annoyed Wishbone. This post / thread does not surprise me in the slightest, in fact i doubt any NI related thread would surprise me now
  14. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    You're right - If it was a GSD (or any other breed ) I'd have asked for an explanation.

In addition to asking for an explanation I would have probably also considered starting a thread on Dogsey.

The problem is that it's an NI thread and didn't really need to be. :-(
  15. Heather and Zak

Name:
    heather
    I don't know how to post links:blush: but if anyone wants to pm me I can tell you how to find it. Someone may come up with a perfectly clear explanation, somethng I have missed. But it's just I have never seen a pedigree done like this before. And as I said previously if it had been a GSD pedigree I would have still asked the same question. It just puzzles me.
  16. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Hi Phil
    Sorry but i disagree, the more threads there is in connection to bad practice the better. Someone tried to sell me a puppy from these kennels on their last litter, sung the praises of how good a breeder they were. Well well wonder what that same person is saying now?
  17. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Hi guys.

Not up for a big discussion tonight - up and down the stairs with a baby :roll: . That said - I did agree with what you were saying.

I was just keen that (with past blurb) this thread didn't poke NI owners as know it could apply to any breed

I just tried to say that if it was posted as a question about 'iffy lines' in general (rather than NI) it might have prompted better discussion and been less prone to becoming another off track NI tit for tat thread.
  18. Spookle

Spookle New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I only joined this forum a couple of days ago as i was looking for advice and an extra ear or two for when i get my 2 pups at the end of the month, i have looked through many threads to see if i can get answers to the question i have but to be honest after reading some of the posts i felt unable to voice my questions for a number of reasons, the main reason i have not voiced them is because i am getting a siberian husky (wolf type ) like others and have seen ppl end up being told that these types of dogs shouldn't be bred, also i am getting mine from ppl that breed them as pets and they are not kc registered and most see this as a puppy mill,even though they are at least half the price as kc register and they are still pure bred, only today i have read 2 posts of ppl asking for advice and being shot down to the ground with harsh comments that i felt were un-called for and the person never came back and to be honest nor am i, all we ever ask is help and guidence and it ends in an all out mob attack, i'm talking about the person who came here for help with a dog she rescued that was pregnant and she was only asking for help and advice and was told her dog would die in welping and basically made out it was all going to end in tears, this made me feel sick as i was told to get rid of my daughter when i was 24 weeks pregnant by a doctor because i was told my daughter wwould be badly brain damaged, i had my daughter and she has very mild cerebral palsy but lives a normal life, there are risks in everything and my puppies may not be the top dollar dogs some of you have but they have the right to be cared for, i dont find this forum helpfull when too many ppl are too interested in getting on their soap boxes instead of trying to help someone in a kind manner with a problem they may have, i dont care if i am banned from this site because i see no reason to be here anyway when i feel i cant ask a question without the feeling i am gonna get a tongue lashing because of the type of dog i have or where i got it from.
    just my opinion though as you all say
  19. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    Sorry you feel like this Spookle. All the forums I have been on are full of passionate people, and most of the time this is great, but obviously, like you say, it can have its downsides. I think what you have to bear in mind, is that a lot of people read these forums and don't necessarily post, and so many members write with a view to prevent people getting into similar situations in the future. Unfortunately, this often isn't what the original poster wants to hear.

The thing is, if you're happy with your decision, it isn't really going to matter what people here think. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that siberian huskies shouldn't be bred, just that they do seem to be a puppy-farm favourite at the moment. Many people have concerns over puppy mills, for good reason, and will speak from their experience. As long as you meet the pups' parent(s), see where they're being kept and are happy with the relevant health-test results, then I see no reason that you would be 'shot down'. Anyway, I hope you aren't put off posting - there's a wealth of information on here, and some lovely people, but there are always going to be those with different opinions.

ETA: Sorry - thought you meant they were littermates - have just read otherwise - sorry!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2008
  20. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Unfortunately you'll always get those in life who seem to think they can behave in whatever manner they please, with no thought to being polite or helpful, because you can always choose to ignore them! :roll:

Truth be told, the majority of us on this forum are very friendly and only want to help those out there with less experience/knowledge than ourselves, the minority are the ones who are abrasive. The last time I checked none of us were born an expert, no matter how much we might like to think it! ;-)

Please try and stick around and you'll see what I mean.

:D
  21. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Just like to echo what Rips says.................