Can anyone help? Questions

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by alady??, Feb 17, 2010.

1. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie

Can anyone help?

BUA was contacted today re what the lady thought was a Utonagan, a 18 month bitch not microchipped going by the picture it is in fact a wolf dog cross, has any one an idea who bred this dog??

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    gorgeous dog..... to be fair the dog looks very much like my fleas sister........no wolfdog in her..that i know for sure,i would also say the ears are wrong for a csv;-)

but no chip rules alot of peeps out anyway :-( :-(

hope she finds a loving home,are you guys gonna help her?
  4. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    Going to phone the rescue that has her tomorrow see what can be sorted out ... I wish they would make it compulsory to Microchip...would save a lot of problems, and also a lot of rescues :cry:

All our Acc. breeders microchip too
  5. youngstevie

youngstevie

Sorry no help from these quarters,
    But a beautiful looking dog I have to say, I hope you can sort out a home good luck xxxxxx
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Hope someone can help,

Have to say , she has a look of a GSD to me!!
  7. rune

rune

Just out of interest what makes her not a utonagon? How do you tell?

rune
  8. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Looks like a German Shepherd cross to me, nothing like a "wolf".
  9. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    They contacted me about the bitch months ago - its been with them since about 6 months old and will become institutionalised before long.

It was described to me as a wolfdog cross but I believe it to be a GSD x NI. I haven't been to see the dog but from how it is described to me, I don't believe it has wolfdog in it. I think the fact that it mouths made them believe it to be a wolfdog cross, but then a GSD x NI cross would do the same if not nipped in the bud at an early age.

It was homed with small children originally by who ever bred it (and I don't know who bred it but have a few ideas) and I guess that the kids played rough with it and got it excited and started to mouth, then it grew, they had started something they couldn't control, so dumped in rescue.

I don't understand why they didn't take it back to the breeder, unless they were embarrassed to (which happens a lot).

The rescue centre doesn't want to rehome it to anyone with children but it needs to go to someone experienced with this type of dog and also with another dog of this type for company for it. I have referred several people to them who have been prepared to give this dog a home but the rescue centre seem frightened to let anyone have it.

I believe that it has tummy troubles from time to time, but that would be the diet. These dogs don't tolerate complete dog foods very well and do much better on BARF.

I hope that someone takes this dog before long, otherwise it will be a problem dog.
  10. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    i wish i could take her...as i said i dont think she is a wd cross but i do think she is beautifull ............hows about the guy looking for a gsd on another thread???
  11. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I was offered this girl 2 months ago thought she was out.
  12. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    the poor thing.... Sansorella if you went to see her why couldnt you help to get her a home??

RUNE: she is NOT a Utonagan as beleive it or not they are all sold with traceable pedigrees of which she isnt, and also she is nothing like one if you look properly at her mask and eyes. about as different as a Springer Spaniel to a sussex....you can tell the difference just by looking.

Trying to get hold of the kennels they have also phoned TUS today who in turn phoned us to see if we knew her breeder..... I cant beleive all these folk have been involved already and STILL the poor sod is waiting for a forever home, as for diet they DO NOT need to be fed BARF, all they need is a good quality complete food same as GSDs ..:shock:

Will let yous know, thanks for your help :grin:
  13. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    alady that mask can come from any number of breeds gsd and sibe being 2....her chest is too wide for a csv cross etc
    she is a very stunning gsd cross imo and i dont see why you are trying to say she is a wolfdog cross.
    anyhoo i hope she finds a good home she is gorgeous.

eta....even if a dog is sold with a pedigree doesnt mean its gonna be given up with the dog:? :?
  14. rune

rune

Well a tracable background means zilch---lots of dogs don't have them, mine included. I just looked at the images on google for them and some look very similar to her.

This 'wolfdog' thing is a hang up I think. Daft!

Some Utonagons are stunning GSD crosses as well.

rune
  15. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    I said I HAVEN'T been to see her - but I know behaviourists who have and I have spoken to the rescue centre and wolfdog owners who have seen her.

I have been trying to find her a home since the beginning of November - she's been on my website since then.

I beg to differ with you over the diet - it doesn't matter how good the quality of complete dog food (whether for GSDs, NIs, Utes or Wolfdogs) these dogs all do better on BARF (as would all dogs).

To be honest - its a great shame that she was taken to the rescue centre rather than being returned to her breeder - who should be the person responsible for dealing with her.

She probably was sold with traceable pedigree and papers, but they were not given to the rescue centre.
  16. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    thats just your opinion...what suits one doesnt always suit another ;-) ;-)
    {{hugs}} to Quest :lol:
  17. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    :grin: I never intended to offend any wolfdog folks I just thought she may be as as far as we all can make out by pedigrees, breeders and looks she is deffo not a Utonagan, doesnt really matter what she is as long as she gets her forever home anyway does it? I thought she a GSD x wolfdog only going by her colour, but as you say could be from husky x or Ute or NI cross, I just stated she wasnt a full Ute :grin: Only trying to give the breeder a chance to find her, and try to help trace her background. A lot of circumstances could have happened it just would have been good to know her mix as it would help find the most suitable home :grin:

All Utonagan have breeders and also background pedigree and most reputable breeders have microchipped them as a new and small breed its fairly easy to keep trace on who is breeding Utes. As someone who breeds and keeps Utonagan my opinion is that this is not one, I have never seen a mask that broadens in this manner onto the muzzle like that on a Ute Im sure you would know things about your own breed I didnt, that was my point.

And what your point in the "hang up" about wolfdogs is I dont know :evil: I was asking if anyone knew of this dog and its breeder FOR THE SAKE OF THE DOG! :evil:

EXACTLY :grin: :grin: I know 3 folks whos dogs ended up with salmonella and also read about a poor GSD that died through a bacteria from raw minced beef, and if you give my girls raw meat well forget about pickin anything up, its like water and they are wolfalikes, every dog is different and there are plenty good foods ready prepared without all the hoo ha IMO