Cant stop JUMPING UP on me!!!!! HELP!!! Questions

Discussion in 'Weimaraner' started by Greyghostlvr, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Greyghostlvr

Greyghostlvr New Member

Name:
    Amelia

Cant stop JUMPING UP on me!!!!! HELP!!!

I am a nurse and I work 3rd Shift. I work a lot of hours and my husband is retired and stays home. So, I understand that my furbabies Broc and Stella miss me terribly When I'm Gone. But when I come home after working 12 hour shifts at the hospital these two puppies literally attacked me, jumping up on me and I cannot get them to understand or take the command down! They are ripping my clothes ripping my skin open! It hurts my feelings and I think there's two when I have to get on to them and I understand they have missed me but how can I change this Behavior!? They do this to any visitors also. My husband has an elderly mother that I am so afraid they will knock her down. Please help! Any suggestions will be considered and tried. Thanks IMG_20170825_083211_394.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Beautiful photo !
    I'm not an expert, so, I'm only thinking what may help
    Once you hubby knows you are coming in could he put their leads on and when you enter the house he has some control. When you enter if you can ignore them and then try to get your hubby to get them to sit, once they sit that's when you will say ' hello ' to them
    It's part of Ceaser - the dog whisperers idea - No look, No touch, No speak
    It will be hard for your hubby, but, worth a try

Let's us all know how you get on
    Philippa
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hi Amelia, has this happened since your puppy arrived, or has your older dog always jumped up when you arrive home?
    I assume that your older Weimaraner's training has regressed since the puppy's arrival. Could you arrange for your husband keep the puppy back when you are due home, until the older dog has had the chance to say hello to you? If you make a habit of carrying a couple of treats with you, insist on this greeting being in the sit, and reward her for doing it quietly and calmly. I would also start teaching the baby to greet you in the same way, but you are better training this separately from your older dog.