Cavalier King Charles Tails Questions

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by Petstalk, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Petstalk

Petstalk New Member

Cavalier King Charles Tails

Hi

All cavies owners will know how entertaining they are and the emence enjoyment they bring into our lives :) The reason why they all have such infectious personalities :)

I thought that is would be wonderful for us all to share stories :)

Any other dog owners plz join in too :)

There is a bird (not sure of breed) at the local park that has taken to play/tease my little ckcs Meagan. I don't know where the bird comes from of why it likes Meagan. It apears to only pick her out. While we are playing, having a game or doing some training practice. The bird will just suddenly swoop onto the playing field just a few yards from her and call her over. Meagan will run to bird, just as she starts to run to the bird, the bird will fly in the air and hover over her low flying all around the field. :) I have never exspereinced this bird/dog interaction. It is something you would have to see to believe.

Lov Min xxx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Min, that sounds very entertaining. See if you can get a photo next time.

My Simba used to love to chase the seagulls on the beach, probably the fastest I ever saw him run!

I have noticed the last few days that we have Magpies nesting in our holly tree, and Harvey sat at the back door watching them, he wasn't too sure at first but then lept into action, but couldn't understand where it went!
  4. Petstalk

Petstalk New Member

Awwww, they are all so different.

If we were on the beach. They would be straight in the water :)

Its wonderful to see animal interaction :) I will have to try and catch a pic, but they both don't stay in one place long enough lol

I do not know where such little dogs with little legs have so much energy and stamina and are able to build up so much speed and distance.

Its so wonderful to watch puppies exsploring the world. Harvey is such a wonderful little boy.

Well today being nice and sunny, they have all had a bath then tonight we went for an evening walk at the local big park.

I am so proud. My girls are very clever :)

Without realising I had dropted the car key and the whistle. When I realised I didn't have the keys, I thought, Oh know, and started walking back. After walking quite a distance I noticed them being very interested in something in the grass. When I looked to see what it was.

There there were the keys and whistle :)

There was lots of extra treats, kisses, cuddles :) :)

Min and Paws xxx
  5. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Min, that was a stroke of luck!! How far from home were you ?
    I have just introduced a whistle with Harvey, well ok it was my OH's idea...he charges indoors when he hears it!! treat of course xxxx
  6. Petstalk

Petstalk New Member

I have trained them to find articles at home and in training class, but not in different places. So was very impressed that they helped me find them.

The park is a 10 min drive away. We had been walking for about 30 mins.

I only just started using the whistle over the last year. I am aiming to train recall and distance down. It has been going really well at home and in class.

Awww, Harvey is a clever little man :)

Min xxx
  7. ste.n.steph

ste.n.steph New Member

Name:
    Stephy and Steve
    ohhh cav talk :)
    where do i start.
    Well we go on holiday in lincolnshire with the dogs and we are right next to a farm and last year draiman made friends with all the animals lol and the people too.
    We also have a parrot , guina pigs and gerbils and buffy protects them all, she crys when you are cleaning them so she so cute, but if you tell her what you are doing she just sits and watchs :).

Buffy is also a very clever little girl.
    We have been training her to look for me and ste.
    one of us hides and we say find mummy or find daddy and within seconds she finds us, but they are all good we have them off the leads and if they are going to far away from us we tell them to stop and they do and come back to us but they dont tend to wander too far.
    anyway i think i have bored you enough lol :)
    take care
    steph
  8. Petstalk

Petstalk New Member

Hiya Steph ;-)

Another proud cavie owner ;-)

Buffy sounds like a really sweetie. I have not teached my girls to do a person search as I mostly take them out for walks on my own, but would love too. It proves that they are such bright little dogs.

Do you go dog training, have you teached any tricks?

How many cavies do you have? Would love to hear about them ;-)

take care

Min xxxx
  9. ste.n.steph

ste.n.steph New Member

Name:
    Stephy and Steve
    Hey min,
    We have 4 of them.
    Draiman*boy* who is a tri and is 3 in november
    Buffy*girl* who is blenhiem and is 2 in august
    Leland*boy* who is tri and turned 1 last month
    and willow*girl* who is blenhiem and turned 1 last month too

We dont go dog training no, we have trained them ourself.
    just sit, stop, down etc.....
    But they have their own little things too.
    If you say hug to buffy she jumps up and puts her paws over your shoulder and hugs you.
    They all give kisses lol

How many do you have min ?
    They are just so loving arent they :)

Take Care
    Steph
  10. Petstalk

Petstalk New Member

Hi, Awwww. I have 4 girls. Two Tri, Two b+t.

They are very loving and such a wonderful breed with very special personalities. Feel very blessed

Pic of them in Aviator. Not been able to attach pics to forum so far, need to compress the file size ;-(

Min xxxx

Mine will give lots of big hugs and kisses.

Min xxxx