Cavs are coming! General Chat

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by Vawny, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Vawny

Vawny New Member

Name:
    Vawny

Cavs are coming!

We just started looking into breeders for a ckcs. Murphy seems oblivious, but I'm excited. There is a litter whose parents are 0 score in both eye and heart tests, and they are due to be born Easter sunday. If there is a female blenheim, we're buying her! Lots of visits too. So excited!! :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Ooooooh good luck can't wait to see the piccies :grin:
  4. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    good luck x
  5. Vawny

Vawny New Member

Name:
    Vawny
    Hey there! There was a female blenheim cavalier born in that litter. All her brothers and sisters are all ruby, but unfortunatly, they have white where there shouldn't be any, so the litter wont be KC reg. I was hoping to show her. Going to have a little look tomorrow, which is going to cost a fortune getting there. Not sure what to do for the best. Can I register her with the kennel club myself? If not, does that really matter for low key shows? I only want to enter for fun really. She has a five generation pedigree and we are told she is a lovely temprament too. If we let her go, what is the liklihood of finding another little girl as healthy? I am really not sure what to do!?
  6. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    no you can't KC reg her yourself and i would be a little put off that the breeder isn't registering the litter mis marked or not mismarked ....seems odd to me and would make me wonder the real reason

another pup will come along its spring litters will be about most breeders now heart and eye test as standard

good luck
  7. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Good luck with your decision, looking forward to welcoming your new arrival :grin: Another cavalier owner - lovely :grin:
  8. chelsea

chelsea New Member

Name:
    Jean
    Looking forward to seeing another cavalier on here good luck and lots of pictures when you get her please
  9. Petstalk

Petstalk New Member

There are fun shows you can enter with non KC puppies.

I would be want to know why puppies not being KC Reg.

If you are considering the puppy, ensure you see the parents KC Reg look for any endorsements and ask to see the health tests and check certificates ect.
  10. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    I hear warning bells ringing-I would like to bet the bitch will be having another litter next season. Mismarking is no reason to not register a litter with the KC.

BTW when eyes are tested they are not scored & have the parents been MRI scanned for Syringomyelia ? If not another reason for hearing alarm bells

How does the breeder know what the temperament is like The puppies won't be a week old yet.

Going to see them tomorrow ?? Why ? I certainly wouldn't let anyone visit a litter that is only a week old
  11. Vawny

Vawny New Member

Name:
    Vawny
    Hi again!

I mis interrpretted alot of what she had said over the phone. The puppies aren't old enough to tell their temprament, but she has a four week old litter from another bitch but the same father who she was using as the benchmark. Anyway, I asked a lot of questions, made sure the health checks have been done and I was satisfied with her response. We put a deposit down and I feel like I've made the right choice. Thank you for all the replies, it helped me to make sure I asked the right questions. When we go back to see her, when she's a little older I'll post some pictiures. xx
  12. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    don;t forget the pics :)
  13. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Great update :)
  14. Asti

Asti New Member

Name:
    Alison
    Looking forward to the piccies. I love Cavies.:)
  15. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Yes, I need my steady diet of Cavie pics too:grin:
  16. Vawny

Vawny New Member

Name:
    Vawny
    *thinks*
    ...actually, I do have a picture of her. The breeder will be sending me picture updates of her too. In this piccie, I think she was about two days old... she's the blenheim one.

[​IMG]

So now I have time to think of a name...!
  17. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    they look a good litter i wouldn;t call those mismarked ?

most of the white will go

Blen look good xx
  18. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    What a wonderful picture. This breed makes just wonderful mothers and that little blenheim looks lovely at this point. i was wondering about the one in the middle with the white los. on the head; "do you think there will be more white?"
  19. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    one of first litters were rubies with white on 2 of them a litter of 4 ...at 6 weeks one pup still had white on his chest and chin a lady came to visit and she had the choice of the 3 boys 2 pure ruby and the chappie with the white

can you guess which pup she picked ?
  20. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    I think you are saying she picked the white. So many other things in the standard should come way before color and I'm sure that was the case.
  21. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Beautiful mum and gorgeous pups, thanks for sharing with us x