CBD Oil Questions

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Kash's Mama, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Kash's Mama

Kash's Mama New Member

Name:
    Amber

CBD Oil

I was wondering if anyone here has used CBD Oil to help with anxiety for their mal. I have had discussions with other Mal groups and one person suggested it. I just wanted to get more input about it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I looked into it in depth as I considered using it for one of my dog’s arthritis but decided against it.
    That’s not to say others should not use it, I advise you do lots of research then make your decision.
    CBD is classified as a veterinary medicine in animals but is unregulated and label claims do not necessarily match contents.

Its recommended one should
    Look for organic. If the CBD oil is not organic, it at least should not contain pesticides, fungicides, or solvents.

Don’t price shop. The higher the quality and purity, the higher the cost. You don’t want to go for a cheaper option that could have toxic substances such as pesticides, herbicides, or heavy metals. Make sure your CBD oil is free of additives.

Get the analysis. The manufacturer should provide a certificate that tells you the amount of CBD that is in the product. Many CBD oils contain only small amounts of CBD. You’ll also want to make sure there is little or no THC in the product.(as THC is toxic to dogs and cats )

Buy CBD as a tincture. You can buy dog treats containing CBD, but the best form to administer is a tincture. This way, you can adjust your dog’s dose drop by drop.

This is a video I watched a while back that was very informative on ways CBD can help and also the issues, many I'd not even considered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1650&v=WeD_SW_SEhs&feature=emb_logo