Clipping Schnauzers? General Chat

Discussion in 'Schnauzer' started by Wyrd, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha

Clipping Schnauzers?

I have just seen some pictures of an unclipped Schnauzer and it is the cutest thing I have ever seen! :049:

Do Schnauzers always need clipped or hand stripped in the Schnauzer 'way'? Or can they bit left Au natural as long as they are groomed regularly?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    My friend`s Giant Schnauzer would get very hot and uncomfortable if left unclipped. I think it`s better for the dog to lose that heavy coat in the warmer months.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
  4. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hi Wyrd :) , I guess you talking about 'Schnauzer' as in standards ? I have never seen one untrimmed though I used to trim a couple years ago.
    It is of course up to the owner but I have always hand stripped my Minis which helps to keep the double coat in order and I think adds to the charm of the breed :) .
  5. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    I'm not sure if it was a mini or a standard.
  6. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    I've seen minis trimmed like Westies with a round head. I thought they looked ridiculous tbh. At the end of the day people can have their dogs groomed however they want, but it would certainly need trimming round the eyes. The furnishings can get quite knotty too, so would need plenty of brushing. Personally, whether hand stripped or clipped I like to see them in the traditional style. They are smart little dogs.