Coats of Border Terriers Grooming

Discussion in 'Border Terrier' started by sueann, Sep 29, 2012.

1. sueann

sueann New Member

Name:
    suey

Coats of Border Terriers

Hi all, my sister has a Border Terrier and was wondering about her coat. Most of the photos she has seen are all smooth with only the occasional longish scruffy one. Zoe is one of the scruffy ones. My sister was wondering are there 2 types of coats? I couldn't seem to find any mention of it but I thought I'd ask here. thanks
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    She just needs a good stripping. The one on the left has been stripped and Zoe hasn't.

Helen
  4. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Ditto what Helen wrote. I have friends with BTs & when they start to look like they need a hand strip I often start doing it when they sit on or near me ;-) Don't do it to their show ones tho' as it wouldn't be too popular. I'm not quite so good at it as I used to be as my hands don't have enough grip these days
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
  6. sueann

sueann New Member

Name:
    suey
    thanks all for the replies.
    I'll pass this onto my sister.
    cheers,
    Annie
  7. sueann

sueann New Member

Name:
    suey
    update on Zoe: I gave my sister the info and first she rang around checking on prices (one place quoted $50 an hour and if the dog has never been done, it could take up to 3 hours!!). So her husband got to and put something (probably a rugby game) on the TV and sat there with her and just pulled (?) at her coat. Took a couple of days of several hour sessions but she looks like a new dog.
    My sister asked me to pass along her thanks.
    so thanks all for your help for Joan and me :):)
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn