Colloidal Silver Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by CaroleC, Aug 5, 2015.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz likes this.

Colloidal Silver

A couple of weeks ago I bought a spray bottle of Colloidal Silver to cleanse a small stain under Merry's eye. It does work, - maybe not dramaticly, but certainly an improvement. Reading up about it on the net, I find all kinds of claims for this product, and am tempted to try giving it to Eddie by mouth for his UC.
    Has anyone else used Colloidal Silver? If so, how critical was the concentration, and did it actually work for the condition you were giving it for?
    If the claims are even half correct, this could be a miracle product!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    CaroleC likes this.
    I found it to be VERY strong Carole (as strong as antibiotics imo), so I would use with caution. The problem is not knowing whether his UC is caused by a microorganism that that the CS is effective for - if not, you risk depleting his good bacteria. So if you were to use it I would make sure he has a lot of sauerkraut and/or cabbage rejuvenac or some other strong probiotic that agrees with him.

One thing that I wished I tried on Rocky was... red wine! It too is an excellent anti-microbial but not as harsh as CS imo (and not a metal either). However again, probiotics are essential imo. The two grapes that have consistently been proven to be effective in studies are Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.

Btw I think it is wonderful that you haven't just 'given up' on it (him!) he is very lucky to have you :058:
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and Azz like this.
    I use CS in two forms. As a cream for minor wounds, both on myself and also, originally bought, for "our" first aid kit, "our" being suitable for both Pereg and myself. I never did have to use it on Pereg but it definitely does work for me than any other cream, IMHO

http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Ultra-Colloidal-Silver-Salve-2-oz-56-7-g/1441

I also have a spray gel - cannot find it at they have probably changed the label, but it is stronger - ie for more serious wounds. Different brand to Source Naturals.

For me they work, but TBH I would not take CS orally, nor would I give it orally to a dog, especially as there are much better and more naturals products. Especially if you make them yourself!

And I am 100% in agreement with Azz when he said

Please give both Eddie and Merry cuddles from me and polite snuffly kisses from the mini monster.
  5. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Malka, CaroleC and Azz like this.
    I don't know anything about colloidal silver, but I do know a little about Resveratrol, which is found in red wine, as it's one of the ingredients used in HyVitality a supplement formulated specially for Shar-Pei. Resveratrol is an anti-inflammatory and boosts the immune system, It's also has anti-cancer properties.

It might be worth investigating it for Eddie. You can buy it for dogs in a tablet form and drink the Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon yourself. (I'm told it's good for keeping wrinkles at bay). And you wouldn't want Eddie to get arrested for being drunk and disorderly whilst in charge of his owner, would you?
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  7. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    That made me :081:

With regards to the amount it would be small, about 50cl with one meal a day.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz likes this.
    ? You can't mean 50 cl - 50 ml would be a lot for a 17 kilo dog.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have decided against trying CS as I wouldn't like it to interfere with his thyroid medication. I'm going to look into red wine though.
    Thanks everyone, for your thoughts.
  10. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    CaroleC likes this.
    Sorry I meant 50ml but was thinking in Rocky terms. For a Beagle I would personally start on 5ml (teaspoon) and work up to about 30ml with one meal a day - depending on the dog.