Colour changing Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Loouby, May 27, 2016.

1. Loouby

Loouby New Member

Name:
    Loouby

Colour changing

my blue Staffy pup has got like a rusty red appearing in patches is this normal & will he completely turn a rusty colour

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. katie134

katie134 New Member

Name:
    katie
    hi I have a blue staffy puppy of 8 months, how old is yours ? when I first got blue he was completely blue now he has quite abit of brindle in him . I don't think he will change completely , I'ved seen blue ones who have loades of it and you can still see there blue , they just have a undertone of golden , I think it's quite nice , I think most blue dogs have it , I'ved not seen any without it so far , it just depends some don't have it much but some get it quite a lot . I noticed it on blue when he got to about 3 months .
  4. Loouby

Loouby New Member

Name:
    Loouby

He's 4 month I've noticed most of them have it just didn't want him to turn all the rusty colour I was talking to some one other day he said his turned all red no blue left at all think it's cause of the coloured being diluted I was going to call mine blue but ended up calling him Ozzie
  5. katie134

katie134 New Member

Name:
    katie
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    ozzie a beautiful name , do you know if his mum or dad has brindle in him , your probably get an idea from them how brindle he will get . Blue mum is pure blue , but his dad is got brindle in him so that's where his got it from . If meby your dog's grandparents was not a blue dog and was a brindle he might get it from them aswell 20160402_141215.jpg in this picture you can see his brindle
    20160526_115743.jpg in other pictures you can't notice it at all .
    When blue first got the brindle I'm not gonna lie I didn't like it , but you get used to it it .
  6. katie134

katie134 New Member

Name:
    katie
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    As a puppy he was this colour , his still a really light blue his just got the brindle with it . 20151116_131608-1.jpg 20151116_190022.jpg
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  7. Loouby

Loouby New Member

Name:
    Loouby
    katie134 likes this.
    Aww he's lovely like I said before they all get a bit of rusty coming through what I've seen I spoke to breeder he said mums gets it but comes & goes but dads all blue so probably gets it from his mum
  8. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    katie134 likes this.
    I know it's not your fault but I hate seeing breeders breeding two blues together :( your boy may be more prone to allergies and skin conditions because of it so watch out for that as he gets older. Fingers crossed he stays nice and healthy.

Most dogs do change colour both with age or with season, I would love to see how his coat changes if you can keep us updated, I love Staffies and I bet he is a gorgeous pup :)
  9. Loouby

Loouby New Member

Name:
    Loouby
  10. Loouby

Loouby New Member

Name:
    Loouby
    His mum was blue but dad was very dark blue almost black I'm happy to keep u updated I love them too he's my second Staffy
  11. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Great looking pup.
  12. Loouby

Loouby New Member

Name:
    Loouby
    Thanks Lmost