Cranial Cruciate Ligament tear Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by James M, Nov 14, 2016.

1. James M

James M New Member

Name:
    James

Cranial Cruciate Ligament tear

Hi. My name is Jim. IMG_4601.JPG I have an approximately 19 month old flat-coat/black lab rescue named Baxter, 75lbs, who has a CCL tear in right knee. The vet's recommendation is surgery if no improvement after two weeks. It will be two weeks Tuesday. There's been no improvement. My wife and I are heartbroken, as he was very active with me, going on hikes through the woods almost daily, and now activity has to be reduced to a walk around the block. I know there are no easy answers, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or their own story to share as apparently this is more common than we thought. Animals have a way of managing pain, and rest is best I guess? Suggestions! Thank you. Needless to say he is truly a sweetheart and to watch him go through this is breaking ours. Thanks again. Jim
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lowingnl

Lowingnl New Member

Name:
    Nathan
    I am currently dealing with that now. Our 2 year old Akita has torn his CCL on his left leg. We are consulting with a surgeon to see if he is a good candidate for the tightrope procedure. What did you wind up doing for your lab?