Crate puppy with others or on her own? Questions

Discussion in 'Papillon' started by IceCody, Aug 10, 2014.

1. IceCody

IceCody Member

Name:
    Dagbjört

Crate puppy with others or on her own?

I am hoping to get opinions on a small matter I am trying to decide.

All my pups are crate trained. Sometimes they get to sleep with me or my son and sometimes they sleep in their crate. I have a huge wire mesh crate that fits all of them. It´s the size for giants.
    Now Hope has been sleeping in her own crate in my bedroom so I wake up to her if she needs to go in the middle of the night. That hasn´t happened for a while and she does not have accidents in her crate.
    Now my school is starting up soon. I do not have a full schedule so they will be home alone 3-4 hours max and that is not everyday ( I haven´t got my schedule yet so not sure how it will go but it would never be more or I would change it)

Should I move Hope in the big crate with the others while I am at school or keep her in her own crate as I have? I am thinking she would like the company and cuddles rather than be on her own. She would take her Foxy (a teddy bear she sleeps with) with her in the big crate. The other dogs do not mess with her special toy.
    Or would that confuse her as she is only three and a half months?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    CaroleC and IceCody like this.
    Does she get on well with the others Dagbjört? I would judge it based on whether you think she would be safe with them... or maybe you could move her crate closer to theirs?
  4. IceCody

IceCody Member

Name:
    Dagbjört
    Oh yeah they all get along great. Leo gets a bit frustrated with the puppies when they get rowdy but otherwise they are all very good together. And the crate is big enough that they all have enough space for themselves or they can cuddle if they want. I also have a pillow in there for extra comfort and three blankets for the girls that like to sleep under them.
    I can move her crate into the dog room. She is just sleeping in my room so I can hear her if she needs to go potty.
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I would move both crates closer to each other to start with, then maybe put all pups in same crate overnight to start off with see how they get on & then after month or so if they all get along in same crate overnight, put they all together during the day xx
  6. fieldy

fieldy Member

Name:
    Ju
    6JRT's and IceCody like this.
    I would just move crates closer together or try them in a crate together first before you have to leave them for a few hours as a tester