Crufts 2019

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Kitkat_, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    CaroleC likes this.

Crufts 2019

Is anyone going to Crufts this year? If so which days? I am going to be there on Friday and Saturday this year and looking forward to it :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Merry and I will be there on the Saturday. I have entered the Veteran bitch, and Good Citizen bitch classes in her breed. Perhaps a bit ambitious as she will be a ten y.o. in June, and Veteran bitch is always a large class in my breed. However, as we are both rapidly approaching our sell by date, it could be our last time competing there!

I was thrilled to hear today that my old obedience class - Danesford DOTC - has made the last three in the award for best KC registered Good Citizen training club. A public vote will now decide the winner, which will be announced on the Sunday. (Please support them if you get the chance, and have no other connections). Two members are competing in the Obedience Championship, another is a team member in the Inter-regional obedience competition, and yet another is through to the final votiing stage for YKC member of the year. A handful of other members are taking part in the KC Good Citizen demonstrations. Not bad for a little club!
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    I used to love going to Crufts, but always managed to spend too much and come back with aching shoulders from carrying around the shopping and samples.

Since I retired, I haven't been keen enough to go bearing in mind what they charge these days - quite expensive when you add in the parking charges.

Don't think my tired old legs would appreciate the effort if I did go either.

Good luck though Carole. It's a great place to be and lots of stuff going on.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I really prefer to be on a midweek day. I find it too difficult to negotiate my way around the stands at weekends, so usually stick close to my breed. Food and drinks are my major expense - too bulky to cart with you, along with your dog, the crate, and all the rest of your gear.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    Good luck Carole & Merry. Will be rooting for you.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    So will I - wish I could be there but will have to make do with the Crufts YouTube channel - hopefully be live on times I want to watch.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I only ever went once, when Crufts was held at Earls Court - my mentor was showing one of her Griffon bitches. All I can remember was that the place was crowded - chaotic - and noisy. People noisy, not dog noisy.

And the bitch who came first in Griffon bitches was a black rough, and way over weight for the standard.